Ch 20 Betting and a Smack

Hua Ren soon landed in front of the table and a server immediately provided him with a chair and a glass of wine. He sat and gulped down the wine in a single go. A few elder cheered Hua Ren's action.

"Brother, why drink like so? Are you frustrated at your bratty disciples as well?" An elder from fire school joked as he slapped Hua Ren's shoulder.

"Leave that, what's interesting was this year's roar. It sounded like a golden lion at least peak of mortal pellet." An elder guessed.

"The hell, it was definitely a sky turtle like the last time."

"What the fuck are you saying? It was a black lizard."

The elder soon broke in to a fierce guessing game. Soon, the elders were split into five groups. Each siding with a beast that would appear and the end of the beast tide.

"Elders, let me suggest a bet. You all can bet on the beast you would expect to appear. When the beast appears, the winning team can divide the loot equally. The bet can be made in mid quality Ki stones. Please, do not bet more than a hundred Ki stone, we do not want hurt the comradery." Lan Long stood up and suggested. Soon, all the elder started throwing pouches at Lan Long who caught them and placed then into a storage ring. "Also, 5 percent cut to me." Lan Long said at the end as he sat down.

"Clever, kid. Long Clan has luck on their side to have you in their clan." A elder praised Lan Long. Soon, another hour had passed on the battle field. Jiang Long, Su Ming and Huang Ren were now covered in sweat, their Ki was half way finished but the weaker beast were becoming less in numbers with each passing moment, making the Ki expenditure increase even further. The trio had passed 5000 mark and were relentlessly cutting down the beasts. Hua Ren was filled with pride and astonishment. If he had known that kicking Huang Ren out of the house would improve his skill to such a level within half year, he would have done so long ago. He was also surprised that the two other kids were able to keep up with Huang Ren. He was also surprised at the Little Hamster and the Palm cat on the table. This battle was filled with too many surprises for Hua Ren. There was also this mysterious kid that was mingling with elder like he was one of them.

After another five hours, the battle field was only filled with the strongest of the cultivators and the strongest of the beasts. Jiang Ren was now covered with bruises and cut, he looked like a demon on the battle field. He was currently facing 2 beasts the Late Ki condensing realm and being hampered down. He was almost all out of Ki, he would only be able to dish out another 50 attacks or so. Su Ming was also in such a state, although not covered in blood, she was injured many time during the latter half of the battle. Su Ming was now down to her last 30 strikes. Huang Ren was also covered in blood but was in a slightly better condition, he was at his final 60 strikes.

Jiang Ren dodge a few attacks and found a chance to pierce his saber into the beast's eye and straight through his brain. He left his saber inside the beast as he took out another saber and killed the second beast mid-way through its jump. He them pulled up his sabers from the corpses and put one in his ring. He ran to another beast which was supporting a few beasts in their fight a quickly killed it. A small snake flew in his direction but was chopped in half before in could reach him. He saw a two-meter-tall bear running straight him, it cultivation was at early Ki sea realm. Jiang Long stood his ground and took out another saber. He waited until the saber was close before he started to dodge his attacks. He now had enough Ki for 15 attacks. He dodged aa few more time until his Ki dropped to attacks worth. Jiang Long at final moment activated his Ashura's intent and froze the bear and quickly chopped his head off. He was now completely out of Ki. Jiang Long smiled and drew a deep breath.