C H A P T E R 13

Amira & Twan in MM

C H A P T E R
T H I R T E E N

The next morning Twan woke up in a panic looking to the left of him to see the spot where he laid her and his child last night was now completely empty which only lead him to believe that it was all a dream.

Throwing his head back against his pillow, he let out a frustrated sigh hating that these dreams he was now having were playing with his mind. He cursed himself knowing he had to be stupid to really think she was alive and here in his bed last night, and even more stupid to think he actually met their unborn child.

"I'm officially going crazy," He mumbled to himself.

It wasn't until the bathroom door opened and she walked out carrying their daughter in her arms humming to a low tone, that threw him off once again. He watched her intently knowing he had to still be dreaming, "Wake up this is not real life," He said out loud startling her since she assumed he was still asleep.

"What are you talking about Twan?" She asked which was the first time she actually spoke since last night all she did was hug and cry in his arms.

Sitting up he just stared at her and started laughing then the laughing eventually came to a stop and he started crying. "This isn't real man, you are not here right now. I'm not crazy!" He yelled and she jumped back from his outburst.

Sitting their daughter on the floor, she slowly walked towards him shakingly with her hands out reaching for him but he only moved away. "Twan this is real life, you aren't dreaming." She whispered on the verge of tears as well.

Shaking his head no, he quickly grabbed his phone to call Ahmad but when he got no answer he groaned throwing it on his bed. Standing up he paced the room back and forth while she watched him not sure what to do, so she just sat down on the bed. "I've completely lost my mind, I mean I knew it would happen eventually but damn." He said to himself then he looked back over at her noticing she was wearing one of his shirts, a shirt he didn't give her.

Stepping towards her he stared down at her then reached his hand out to touch her face which only made her flinch out of fear, but she relaxed when he placed his cold hand on her cheek. He touched her mouth, eyes, ears and hair just trying to grasp that he wasn't tripping right now.

Tears continued to spill from his eyes as he continued to touch all over her face while shaking his head. "T-this is impossible," He whispered stepping back.

The longer he stood the more dizzy he started to feel which caused him to stumble back a bit against his dresser, his vision started to blur as the image of her started to fade and in a blink of an eye he hit the floor and fainted.

When he woke up again, he looked around to see he was in bed. He closed his eyes for a second then opened them when his bedroom door opened and in came Amira with food, water and some asprin. "So I'm guessing this really isn't a dream and I'm not crazy huh?" He asked rubbing his forehead.

Shaking her head no, she walked over to him passing him his plate and sat the water and asprin on his night stand then walked out to go get her plate from the kitchen as well.

While she did that, Twan started to pinch and slap himself for a minute but immediately stopped when she came back in and got in bed next to him and that was when he realized his daughter was asleep beside him.