C H A P T E R 23

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Speeding down the road Ahmad's heart held nothing but fear and worry inside. When he got the call from Detective Spencer telling him to get down there immediately, he wasted no time getting inside his car and making his way over.

Cali wanted to go with him just incase something happened that he would not be able to handle alone so she could be there to comfort him, but she had to stay back with the kids but the whole time she prayed and hoped everything went okay and that no one was hurt.

The whole drive there Ahmad also prayed that Amira and Twan were okay, he hoped everything went as planned so they could move on with their lives finally and so things could go back to normal. He was so over the bullshit involving Tristian and whoever else was involved.

If Ahmad had to admit, during the month or two Amira has been back .. he hasn't been able to actually enjoy it or embrace the blessing of her surving that shit after four years all due to this bullshit with Tristian.

Everyday they had to live in worry, hoping he wasn't gonna do something to either her or Twan or Cali and the kids.

But he had it planned that as soon as he saw she was good and the court shit was over, he was going to throw a party and invite his family and other loved ones over to finally have a moment to celebrate the return of her and his beautiful niece Normani. He wants everybody under one roof celebrating the moment to show Amira how much they love her and how happy they are to have her back in their lives, to finally have the moment of soaking in reality without any distractions in the way for once.

Many of their family members still didn't believe she was alive, they already had a hard time accepting the fact that she was dead but to hear it was all a lie and that she was indeed alive .. it was unbelievable. A few of em even called Ahmad and his parents crazy, thinking they lost their minds so Ahmad wanted to have this party to show that they hadn't.

Reaching the park his heart sunk when he saw the ambulances and all the cop cars. Parking his truck as close as possible, he got out in a hurry then jogged over towards Detective Spencer, "What's going on? Where they at?" He questioned catching the other officers attention as well.

Leaving them to speak alone, Detective Spencer sighed. "Things took a then .. but Amira is fine, she's sitting on the back of an ambulance truck but she isn't hurt or anything." He explained. "But Twan we're aren't so sure.."

"What do you mean?"

"He took a shot to the chest right when Tristian's little brother Travis turned the gun on him and shot him three times, twice in the chest and when he fell once in the head .. so Tristian is dead and Twan was just rushed to the hospital about a few minutes before you pulled up and he was unconcious when they arrived."

All he could think was, "Damn," but then he frowned wondering how Travis even got in the mix and became apart of the plan.

"How did Travis get in this?"

When detective Spencer was told to do something, he motioned for Ahmad to follow him. "Apparently, Travis has been missing for a week. His foster parents had contacted Houston PD reporting it but we honestly had no clue as to where he could be. But Travis explained to us how Tristian had some dudes beat him up, then he took him and held him hostage until this night wanting Travis to be the one who would kill Twan and take the fall for it but things went left and Travis ended up switching on his brother and shot and killed him instead."