C H A P T E R 38

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - E I G H T

Laying in the dark Dave tried his best to fall asleep but sleep was the furthest thing his body was trying to do. His mind was filled with so many thoughts mainly being Courtney, but only because something deep down just had him feeling weird about her return.

It was so sudden and her actions where just a little weird, she wasn't the Courtney he grew up with nor fell in love with and for some odd reason he just didn't trust or believe everything she was throwing his way.

Turning on his side he grabbed his phone going directly to his older brother Daniel contact before sitting up and getting out of the bed as he pressed the call button, needing some advice.

Stepping out onto his balcony he put the phone on speaker and listened to it ring, as he stared up at the night sky admiring the stars. He knew his brother had to be up since the nigga stayed running the streets this late at night usually up to no good.

When his brother finally answered, he sighed in relief. "What's good witcha nigga? You straight?" Daniel questioned as he blasted  UGK featuring OutKast hit song Int'l Players Anthem in the back ground.

"Yeah, but I just need to really talk to you about some shit."

Hearing him turn down his music, he took a seat in one of the chairs he had out there while he waited for Daniel to get situated. "Ight, what's up?"

"Courtney popped up at the house tonight."

Smacking his teeth, Daniel sat up in his bed pushing his longtime girlfriend of five years off him. "What did that bitch want? She knows she ain't wanted around here. I hope you ain't fuck her Dave, you know how your soft ass gets around her." He snapped into the phone.

Rolling his eyes, Dave smacked his teeth. "I didn't, but I'm not gonna lie and say we almost didn't. The shit just ain't feel right, like she gave me head and although my shit was hard I just wasn't feeling it and felt disgusted and just eventually stopped her."

"Oh hell nah, go get yo dick and shit checked tomorrow. You don't know what that bitch been out here doing while y'all been separated." Daniel scolded shaking his head at his younger brother.

Since they were kids Dave has been head over hills for Courtney, from the moment she moved next door to them Dave knew she was gonna be the woman he married. The family of course loved her, she was beautiful, respectful and smart. She kept Dave out of a lot trouble by keeping him grounded and focus on what was truly important like school and becoming something in life.

Daniel was the only one from day one who never liked Courtney and every chance he got he let her know. He hated her because she was so manipulative and had a way with her words to get what she wanted. While she was keeping him grounded and focused on school, she was also turning him against his own family. She used to constantly plant bad seeds in his head as to how his family was bringing him down and not helping him grow as a person.

Eventually after a while Dave started to see what she meant even though it was all an illusion, she had him thinking his family was lowkey hating on him since he was rising above and how they weren't truly happy for him. She had him believing that they only was supporting him as a way to reap the benefits of his success, so eventually they moved away and barely came around.