C H A P T E R 17

Tremaine, Tristian, & Travis in MM

C H A P T E R
S E V E N T E E N

Getting off the bus along with his two friends Rakim and Meech, Travis tugged at his backpack straps then turned to wave bye to Winter as the bus passed them before speed walking to catch up with his boys who were deep in conversation.

"Nigga that's bullshit, you just one of them bandwagon ass fans .. anybody who poppin' at the moment you think they the best." Rakim argued.

"What is y'all two niggas arguing about now?"

"Meech over here talm bout Lebron James and Stephen Curry both better than Kobe Bryant. That's bullshit, Kobe is one of the GOATs, one of the best niggas to ever play and he just gon' disrespect my mans like he ain't shit. Like them niggas good I'll give em that, but they still got a lot of ways to go before we can just flat out say they better than a nigga who was in the game for years beasting and remained loyal to a team even when they had bad seasons. Yo homie Lebron quick to bounce when his teams start lacking .. signing one year contracts and shit."

Meech shrugged, "It's all about the stats man, they putting up numbers even more numbers than Kobe so whatever you say just going through one ear and out the other."

"Man whatever, while you at it get they dick out ya mouth." He spat shoving his shoulder before turning his attention to Travis. "But anyways, so whatchu think Trav? Kobe or them other niggas?"

Stuffing his hands in his pockets, he smiled. "I'm sorry Meech, but I'm with Rakim. I'd pick Kobe over anybody anyday. Even Jordan."

Stopping mid-walk, Rakim laughed as he grabbed Travis by his backpack when he tried to pass him. "See man you had me until you said my mans was better than my mans Jordan. That's a whole lie."

"No it ain't, Kobe and Magic better than that nigga. They were versatile, team players and I will say Lebron is versatile too since he doesn't even have a set position, I feel that's what makes you a good ass player .. they weren't all for going for theirs like these dudes now, they stats could and would be higher if they were selfish like Jordan."

"Nah, I'm sorry man, but when my pops showed me that game when Jordan played while he was sick .. I looked at that nigga totally different. I mean this man was running off the court throwing up, they were reporting that this nigga had the shakes and all but still played even though he was damn near dead my nigga. Dude was coming back out and busting threes on that ass and playing hella defense and was the lead scorer that night with all that shit going on .. so sorry man I love Kobe, that's my boy but Jordan he the truth."

Travis smacked his teeth, "Boy what tha fuck, yo ass wasn't even born when that damn game happened. Get tha fuck out." Meech started laughing along with Travis.

"Okay and? Either way the game still happened and the dude showed us why he is and will always be one of the best."

"What person you know finna play a full ass game of basketball while he got the shakes? When you sick, yo body already weak and sore, so who would in they right mind work their body like that when they body barely even functioning? That was a publicity stunt, my grandpa said it himself." Travis argued knowing he could argue all day when it came to sports.

This was the usual for these boys, they'd walk home together talk about girls and sports but all it ever took was for one of them to go against who they felt and believed was and is the best and the argument goes on from there.