C H A P T E R 48

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y - E I G H T

          "Aw look at my handsome baby," Ashley cooed as she stepped down off the porch steps to embrace Ahmad into hug. Wrapping his arms tightly around her, he sighed knowing he needed this from her.

It had been a minute since he actually came and visited with his parents and after what happened last night, he needed someone to talk to and who was better than his mama? He had so many thoughts running through his head and questions, but for now they were still going unanswered so he hoped she could help.

What Cali confessed to really fucked him up, he couldn't believe that for a split second she didn't regret cheating. It made him look at her and their whole situation differently, he was already done before but he was really done now and any thought of him ever possibly working things out in the future was now dead.

But her confession also helped him realize somethings as well, he helped him understand why she acted the way she did during this situation.

When he thought back to how she didn't put in much effort to fix things and make things right, the continuous lying and the games she played all makes sense now. He honestly felt a part of her still didn't regret what happened, he wasn't sure why he felt that way but he did.

He knows Cali loves him, but he just can't understand or wrap his mind around what happened.

During the course of their marriage Ahmad couldn't imagine cheating on Cali and hurting her, he loved her too much to do so and never wanted to break that trust they embedded within' each other.

He didn't marry Cali because she was beautiful, he married her for who she was as a person and how she made him feel whenever she was around, but now it seemed as if he didn't even know the person she has become.

When she pulled away she grabbed at his hands and smiled, "You been okay? I can tell you been crying."

He shrugged, "I'm good for the most part, can't complain too much."

She nodded, "That's good, but come on let's sit and talk in the kitchen. Amira's here by the way with Twan and Normani, they stopped by earlier to help clean out this garage with your daddy that I been asking his ass to do years ago."

"You must've said you was gonna hire somebody else to do it." He laughed causing her to do the same and nod.

"Yep, he hates whenever I offer to get someone else to do it when he makes it seem as if he can't do it." Watching as he took a seat, she grabbed a plate from their cabinet and began fixing him a plate of the food that she cooked for him. "But anyways is everything alright with Cali now?" She questioned.

Looking down at his hands, he shrugged. "I guess, I'm not sure."

Ashley frowned, "What do you mean I guess? Did she not open up about what was wrong last night?"

Thinking back to last night, he laughed a little. "...Yeah, she opened up about a lot of things actually."

"Like what?"

Playing with his fingers, he sighed. "I was expecting her to open up more about like her mental issues, and things of that sort since she never has told me what really caused her depression. But instead she finally confessed to the truth she has been hiding for so long. I finally got the answers I been wanting and I regret ever wanting to know the actual truth of everything now."