C H A P T E R 46

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y - S I X

"I'm just not understanding what's taking so damn long with his case. Marquette admitted out of his own mouth about who hit him and how his own biological father just watched the entire time. But yet somehow this nigga and that bitch still walking around free." Ahmad spat as him and Cali sat across from the case worker who was over Marquette's child abuse case.

"I understand your frustration Mr. Sinclair, but cases like these take time to handle. But until you all face a judge and he makes it a court right that Marquette cannot be around his father, Cali can not keep his son away from him." She tried to explain. "But trust me, I know it isn't fair nor is it really safe since clearly the child would be in danger under his roof but sadly that's the law."

Ahmad stood up, "That's bullshit man, this man is seriously tryna gain custody over a child he let get abused and I'll be damned if I let him go anywhere near that muthafucka'. The cops or whoever need to speed this shit up and charge him and his bitch ass sister for putting their hands on my son."

"Mr. Sinclair, with all due respect you are not Marquette's biological father so you don't have much of say as to when and if a man can see his child." She explained, but Ahmad was tryna hear none of that.

Frowning, Cali sat forward. "But I can, I made the mistake last time by ignoring the signs of abuse and allowing my baby to continue be around that monster and his sister and I will not make that mistake again. Regardless of what the law may say, my child is not safe in his home and he will not be over there alone with that man." Cali spat growing frustrated.

Ahmad and Cali both knew the woman was simply just doing her job, but with the way everything was going it was still pissing them off.

"Can you just tell us what we need to do in order to nip this shit? Like I know its a small chance he'll win custody, but what do we need to do in order to gurantee that he won't." Ahmad questioned.

Clapsing her hands together, she sighed. "Alright, its no doubt that you guys are in for a fight at this point. Reggie is gonna do whatever it takes to win, so with me saying that you two have to make sure things on y'alls ends are good. Another thing that I'm sure neither of you really want to do, but could be a big help, is having Marquette testify against his father and have him explain to the judge about everything that has happened to him."

"With Reggie and his sister having this child abuse case pending on their backs, the judge might automatically grant custody to Cali. But to at least have a plan incase things don't go smoothly, Marquette testifying would be best. Also did you guys take pictures of his face and body when he was in the hospital?" She questioned as she stared at the both of them.

"I did," Ahmad stated before pulling out his phone and pulling up the pictures.

Taking his phone and examining the photos, she nodded before handing it back to him. "Print those out and use it as physical evidence to the judge. I don't want Marquette in the custody of his father just as much as you guys and I do apologize for the dragging of his case, some cops tend to not take certain cases as serious. It's fucked up, but it's the society we live in sadly."

"Thank you Monica, we really do appreciate all your help." Ahmad told her and Cali nodded agreeing as they both stood up to leave.

"You're welcome, if I hear anything different I'll keep you guys posted and please let me know if its more I can do on my end to help as well." She replied as she reached her hand across her desk and shook both of their hands.