E P I L O G U E

Please be sure to read all long paragraphs, you don't want to miss out on anything.

Over 14,000+ words typed!
Enjoy my loves

-

E P I L O G U E

         In her bathroom on facetime with DeVante, Cali was in the process of tying her head scarf over her head as he watched silently while playing the game. "Is that what you do in your free time? Play the game?" She questioned causing him to look back at the camera briefly.

"Yeah, it helps me release stress. It's either working out or play the game when I'm free those are my two hobbies, and with me not knowing anybody here in Houston just yet the game keeps me entertained." He explained and she nodded understanding what he meant.

"Interesting, but I'm sure you're gonna love Houston, well I guess I could say Texas in general." She smiled.

Smiling back, he smirked. "Oh I'm sure I am, I'm sitting here talking to one of the most baddest females right now so yeah I'm digging Texas alot." He joked.

Placing her hand over her face to hide her smile, she just laughed his comment off. "You're so dramatic. Baddest female? I think not."

"I think yes, I mean ontop of you being darkskin, your smile is breathtaking and your eyes are so beautiful and easy to get lost in and I know that shit may sound corny and cheesy as hell but I'm serious and don't get me started on that body. For somebody to have had four kids, you damn sure don't look like four kids came out of you." He complimented.

"Thank you, I really appreciate the compliments. You aren't too hard on the eyes yourself." She smiled.

Raising one of his arms to show off his muscles, he flexed. "Oh baby, I know I'm fine. After being over three-hundred pounds majority of my life, I gained a lot of confidence over the years."

"Three-hundred pounds!? I don't believe that."

Laughing, he turned the game off. "Believe it, I was fat as hell as a kid. I couldn't dress for shit, had no game whatsoever, played no sports and my confidence level was non-existent."

"So what made you want to lose weight and actually stick with it and make a career out of it?"

"You want the truth?" He questioned.

Cali nodded, "Of course."

"Well honestly it was because I didn't like my body naked, I wanted to look good undressed. Plus I wasn't proud of my body either and after growing up being bullied because of my weight and love for snacks, I wanted to change that so I did. Especially with me wanting to join the army I already knew I had to be a certain size so I got on it. Came back my senior year of high school a whole new man and I never looked back." He admitted.

"That's amazing, I'm sure when you came back all the girls was tryna get at you." She laughed.

Laughing along with her, he nodded. "Man, you'd be surprised. But with the way a lot of them came at me it made me not even want them because they paid me no mind when I was big. Like yeah, I knew I was more attractive once I lost weight but I was the still the same sweet and shy guy that nobody wanted to get to know when I was big and I ain't like that. All that changed was my looks and my confidence nothing else so I just felt like if I wasn't worthy of your time back then, then I'm sho' not worth your time now." He expressed openining up about that tough time for him growing up.