C H A P T E R 18

C H A P T E R
E I G H T E E N

          Hearing the chimes on her door go off, Alisha looked up and smiled wide when she saw it was Cali. It had been almost three weeks since the two saw each other and Alisha missed her sister deeply.

"Deja, can you take over at the cash register for me please ma'am?" Once the girl came over, she excused herself from the customer, then slightly jogged over towards her embracing her into a tight hug. "It's been toooo long," She yelled.

"I knoow, I missed you so much," Cali said hugging her back just as tight.

"You been so busy lately, I haven't even been able to tell you that a bitch engaged now, but I missed you too daddy." Alisha joked holding her hand up for Cali to see as they pulled apart.

"Bitch you're what!?" Simultaneously Cali eyes started to water as she reached out to grab her hand. "I feel like such a horrible best friend right now, I'm so happy for you babe and this ring is beautiful."

"Thanks Cal, I'm still in shock even though he proposed like three weeks ago.. I really didn't expect him to do it. But follow me to my office, we have to catch up this has been the longest we have ever went without talking to each other."

Waving to some of Alisha's employees, they entered her office sitting down on the plush couch she had. "You thirsty? I have water, lemonade, green tea and apple juice."

"Lemonade please,"

Reaching into her mini fridge, she grabbed the lemonade then handed it to her. "Alright so now catch me up on your life,"

"Wait, before we get all into my issues and whatnot.. lets talk about this engagement. How do you feel? How does Shaun feel?"

At the mention of Shaun's name, a blush immediately came causing her dimples to show. "We're happy, we're in a good spot forreal. I'm just so happy cause I'm literally marrying my best friend. He can be so annoying at times but thats just who he is and I love it, I love him. Alisha blushed, "He is something special, real special .. I honestly didn't think him and I would end up here engaged and with a kid but I guess that's life .. you never know what to expect."

Cali nodded agreeing, she would have never imagined that she'd marry a nigga she met at walmart who helped her grab some fish fry. The thought never crossed her mind like many things in her life but it was still something she always found crazy.

"You deserve all of this and more and I'm glad Shaun was the guy who got your heart and treats you like the queen you are." Cali told her trying not to cry.

Cali was beyond happy for Alisha, she's watched Alisha struggle all her life and go through many heart breaks and bad experiences so it felt good to see her sister do and become everything she had hoped for as kids.

"You always tryna make a bitch cry," She huffed fanning her eyes followed by a laugh, "But thanks boo, if it weren't for your encouraging words and support who knows where I would be."

Cali just stared at her examining her, noticing this glow. "Bitch you're glowing .. is there something else you need to spill?"

She shrugged, "We don't know yet, I mean we took tests but they've been coming back negative so we have an appointment Friday to see if I am but I honestly think I might be.. because my period has been nonexistent and I'm getting those weird ass food cravings again .. Shaun thinks I am but I really just think he hopes I'm pregnant."