Chapter three

Next day

Once i got dressed i grabbed my bookbag. I made sure i had my phone then i walked downstairs.

" Hey Ro, your mother didn't have time to talk to you yesterday but today she wants you to stop by the hotel she's staying at ",  Dad said while he sat on the couch. He looked stressed out. More then he usually do and its bothering me.

" Ard...dad are you ok ", i asked. " Yes babygirl, your old man is fine. Now go on to school and have a good day ", he said. I know he's just saying that so i wont worry but ill just take his word for it.

" Bye dad, i love you ", i said. I walked to the front door then opened it. " I love you too babygirl ", dad said. I smiled then i walked outside and shut the door.

I walked down the steps and onto the sidewalk. I heard arguing which made me look around. " If you're gonna act like that then you can get the hell out of my house ", Tyler's uncle Franklin had yelled out.

I turned to their house and saw Tyler storming outside of the house. I wanted to ask him if he's ok or not but its not my place to bud in. He got in his car and backed out of the driveway. Once he got fully on the road, he drove slowly beside me.

" Wassup Ro, you need a ride ", Tyler asked. Sienna is coming late as usual. But i feel like it would be awkward because he's mad or whatever.

" Um no thanks Sienna should be here in any minute ", i said. He nodded his head then sat back in his seat. He started looking on his phone.

" Um...Tyler ", i said. " Yeah ", he said as he looked up from his phone. " Why are you still right here ", i asked him. " Because obviously your ass need a ride and your bestfriend nowhere in sight. So you might as well hop in and stop playing games ", he said.

It does look like i need that ride tho. I sighed then made me way over to the passenger side. I got in and then he drove off. " You mind if i play music ", Tyler asked. " Uh no but- ", i said but he cut me off. " Ard ", he said then started blasting some rap song, scaring tf out of me.

I covered my ears because it was too loud. " Can you turn that off ! ", i yelled. " Oh damn my bad ", Tyler said as he turned off the music. It was complete silence for a while. I still wanted to know what happened between Tyler and his uncle earlier. I builded up the courage to ask him.

" Hey Tyler ", i said. He looked over at me then back at the road. " Yeah ", he said. " Um i dont mean to be all in your business or anything but...what happened with you and your uncle earlier ", i asked him. I can see it in his face that me asking him made him mad all over again.

" um..well...he wants my ass out the house. For what i dont know but he's been tripping hard lately  ", he said. I feel like he wasn't telling me everything. We pulled up to the school and he parked.

" Why does he what you out ", i asked him. He just shrugged his shoulders. Im probably the only one thats willing to talk to him and he wanna play games. I grabbed my stuff and got out. " Thanks for the ride ", i said.

I shut the door then walked towards the school. Once i got inside, i went to my locker. After i grabbed the government textbook for first period, i closed my locker.

Sienna was still nowhere in sight. So i started walking to class. I saw Tyler come in. He looked my way then i looked away and walked off. I saw a group of girls and a few boys who were sugarfoots that was standing infront of the post board we have in the hallway.

I didn't want to go over there but my curiosity got the best of me. My anxiety started to go up as i started walking. " Royal ! ",  i heard somebody yell out my name. I turned around and saw Sienna running my way.

I looked down and saw her shoes. She's always wearing different kinds of crazy platforms. She had on some ankle boot platforms and the plaid overall dress i had made her. She also had on a red hat to match.

" Sienna where were you earlier ", i asked her. She tried to catch her breath. " Girrl i was up all night practing the cheer routine ", she said. I just shook my head. " Your dad drove you to school ? ", she asked. " no actually, Tyler took me ", i said. Then she gasped loud as hell.

" What ", i questioned her. " What you mean what. Are you and Tyler... ", Sienna said while she smiled. " No we're just friends ", i said. " mhmm hm ", she said.

I guess we spoke him up because he was coming down the hallway with his friends, including Brandon. I thought for sure Tyler was gonna talk to me but he kept walking instead. Im not gonna lie that kinda hurt a little.

Brandon gave us a head nod. Then Sienna stuck up her middle finger while She mouthed " fuck you ". Then he mouthed back " Already did ". Then he walked further down the hallway.

Since the crowd died down a little, i grabbed Sienna's arm and walked over to the post board. I saw a flyer that said " Runway Designer ".

" Hey what's this about ", Sienna asked one of the girls that was standing beside us. " They're having a fashion competition. You design your own clothes and you can enter into the contest. The best designer will win a free trip to Paris to have your fashion line debuted in Paris fashion week ", the girl said.

Interesting. " And the second best gets a free trip to New York to have girls model in their clothes for NYFW. You'll be introduced to everybody in the crowd also ", the other girl said.

Im very excited about this. I take my fashion seriously and this opportunity can make me or break me. Both rewards are great but the Paris one is what im really aiming for. There's a lot of top designers that lives in Paris, like Givenchy, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Saint Laurent and etc.

If my work is seen by one of those people, it'll mean a lot to me. " Where do you sign up ", i asked them. They pointed to the fillout sheet beside the flyer. It must have been fate because it was only one spot left. I signed my name.

" Good luck Royal ", the girl said after she read my name off the sign up sheet. " Thanks, you too ", i said. Then they walked away.

" Ooou girl you got this competition in the bag ", Sienna said. " You think so ", I asked. " With the way you design clothes? Hell yeahh. Im proud of you for signing up ", she said.

Im proud of myself too. I would've never did anything like that. " So you're coming to watch me practice this afternoon ", She asked. Referring to cheer practice. As much as i dont want to..I'll go for Sienna.

" Sure, i won't have anything else to do ", i said. Tyler will most likely be at basketball practice. Dad did say that mom wanted to talk to me today but i really don't want to. So ill just go watch Sienna practice.

" Good lets get to class girrl ", Sienna said. We locked arms then walked to class.

**********