Chapter six

Royal

" You wanna tell me what happened ", my dad asked me. " I was taking up for Sienna ", i said. I got situated on the stool in the kitchen. Dad took a deep breath then went into the refrigerator.

" So you're gonna sit there and say Sienna is the reason for your actions ", dad said. " No sir ", i said. " Then what made you start fighting someone out of the blue ", dad asked me.

" Im sorry but nobody is gonna punk me out. I had to do what i had to do ", i simply told him. Dad shut the fridge then walked to the stove. " Royal whats gotten into you ? You never acted out like this, especially at school ", dad said.

I know its stupid but the Tyler thing earlier in the gym kind of hurt me in a way. Its bothering me but thats still no excuse. " Look dad i know you're surprised but- ", i said.

" Ro im more disappointed then surprised. I expected better from you ", dad said. He started preparing dinner. I started to get up from the stool and headed out the kitchen.

" Ro ", dad said. I turned around to face him. " I just dont want you to make the same mistakes I've made, i want you to do better then me ", he said then turned back around.

I've really disappointed my dad and now i feel bad. I walked up the stairs then walked into my room. I shut the door then plopped on the bed.

I was ready to fall asleep when i heard yelling going on outside my window. " Do you hear me boy ! ", Mr.Franklin yelled out. I fully walked to the window then looked outside of it.

" Im tired of you bringing your no good friends and your little girlfriends up in and out and through my house. You don't have no type of respect for anybody ", Mr.Franklin continued. I walked out of my room and walked out of the front door.

" Last time i checked this was my parents house they just gave it to you. That means i can bring whoever i want and do whatever cause this aint your crib. I might just bring a bitch over tonight cause i feel like it ", Tyler said. " What tf you say boy ", Mr.Franklin questioned.

"  You heard what i said ", Tyler responded. His uncle ran up and put Tyler in a headlock. " You tryna disrespect me boy huh ", his uncle said. I ran over to stop Franklin from hurting Tyler then he already has.

" Mr.Franklin stop ! ", i yelled. I grabbed his hands. Then i tried to separate them from Tyler's neck. " Get tf off me ", Tyler yelled out. Franklin kept pushing me away. " Royal stay out of this. Im tryna teach him a lesson ", Franklin said.

" No stop you're hurting him ", i said while i pulled Tyler by his waist. Mr.Franklin eventually let go. " You keep disrespecting me like that and you're gone boy ", Franklin said. He walked away leaving me and Tyler alone on the side of the house.

I turned to look at Tyler. " Tyler- ", i said as i tried to grab his arm. He pulled away from me. " Im straight Ro ", he said then he started walking away. " What happened ", i asked. " Dont worry about it ", Tyler responded.

He headed to the trunk of his car. I started to follow him. " All im doing is trying to help your rude ass but if you wanna be like that then forget it ", i said. He ignored me the whole time. I started to walk away. " Ro ", Tyler said which made me slowly turn around.

" What ", i asked. He walked closer to me. " Why do you even care anyway ", he questioned  me. I crossed my arms then looked at him. " I dont. You were making a lot of noise outside my window and I came out here to see what was going on ", i said simply.

He sucked his teeth then walked back to his car. " Aren't you suspended ", he asked. " Yeah why ", i questioned. Tyler started laughing like something was funny.

" What's funny ", i questioned him. " You fighting ", he said then he continued to laugh. " At least i won that shit ", i said proudly. " Yeah barely ", he said then started laughing loudly.

" Can you shut up ", i said then he stopped laughing. " Ard its just that i never saw you as the fighting type ", Tyler said. " Im not but yet again nobody's gonna punk me ", i replied. He nodded his head then slammed his trunk shut. " You're too cute to be fighting anyways- ", He said then quickly looked at me.

" Not in that way..i meant like you're cute like you too nice and innocent, to be fighting ", Tyler tried to explain himself. I just smiled and nodded. " I know what you mean ", i said. " See i knew you would know what i meant ", he said.

A car sped down the street. When it pulled up beside us, i looked in the driver's side and saw Tori. I rolled my eyes then crossed my arms. " Baby- ", She said as she got out the car. Baby ? You gotta be kidding me. She rolled her eyes when she looked at me. I gave her the "yeah" look.

" Tori i thought you was coming in two hours ", Tyler questioned her. " I know but i couldn't wait that long- ", she said. They started kissing each other. I was deadass about to throw up.

" Um Tyler ill see you later ", i said then started to walk off. " Hold up Royal- ", he said. I kept walking until i got inside my house. " Hey baby ", Mom said. She stood up nervously from the sofa. I shut the door then stood there.

" Hi ", i said. Dad walked out from the kitchen. " I-i wanted to talk to you Royal ", she said. " About ", I questioned. " About possibly you visiting me and your family- ", she said. " You're family not mine..well except Marion ", i said.

Mom took a deep breath. " Ro ", Dad said then he gave me a look. I prepared to listen as i crossed my arms. " I really want you to come down to North Carolina to stay for a couple of days. You know Marion would love to see you ", mom said.

" Ill have to think about it. Dad can i go upstairs now ? ", i asked. He nodded his head. I walked upstairs not saying another word to my mother. I went in my room and shut the door. I plopped on my bed and started crying.

My mom abandoned us then she has the nerve to come back up here and ask me to come to North Carolina with her ?

I stayed laying there crying my eyes out until i felled asleep.

********