Chapter thirty four

Royal

" Now i want you to be straight up with me ", my dad said as soon as i walked through the door. " First of all, where were you ", he asked me.

" I-uh..i went for a walk to clear my head ", i lied. If he knew where i really was at, he'll whoop my ass. " Well i sure hope you came to your senses, because i know- I KNOW you just didn't pack your stuff to go where i think you're trying to go ", dad said. I don't know why he's going off like this. I mean its not that serious.

" I only packed a few outfits ", i said. He took a deep breath. " Royal, im not playing with you. Now why is you're bags packed ", he asked. It got quiet. He raised his eyebrows. " Aye are you gonna answer my question ", dad continued. " Im-um..going-um...to mom's house tomorrow ", i told him. His eyes had saddened mix with anger in them. " Ha! Yeah the hell right ", he said as he walked to go sit down on the sofa.

" But dad i already- ", i started to say. " I don't care what you've already done. You're not going and thats final ", dad said. I built up every courage that i have to say what i am about to say.

" Im basically grown. I can think and do for myself. I don't need you or anyone else making decisions for me. Im tired of being dragged to do things that i don't feel is right for me. Im gonna do whatever i want to do whether you like it or not. Now I'm going to north carolina. Not because of mom but because i need to check on my brother and nobody- I mean NOBODY is gonna stop me. Not even you. So do what you will but im not a little girl anymore..and-and-and i wish you would stop treating me like i am. Just because you and uncle Aaron's relationship is messed up doesn't mean that's the same for me and Marion. But you just don't get it ", i told him.

" All my life i have been looking out for Aaron. Picked him up, fed him, buying him clothes, toys when i could, shoes, taking him to practices, and everything else. You wanna know why ? Because our mother was too busy getting high with needles. So i had to man up and take care of the family, even when sometimes i couldn't even take care of myself. So don't tell me i don't know what it's like to care about family. And as for you being grown.. Yeah you're 18. But you will ALWAYS be my number one priority. Whether you're 18, 25, or even 100. Ill NEVER EVER stop being your father. Because if i stopped caring about you now then i will be failing as a dad. Its true that you can make your own decisions but im here to make sure that you're making the right decisions ", dad responded.

I started wiping the tears that felled down my face. Dad stood up from the sofa. " Come here Ro ", he said. I walked over to him. Then we hugged. " Im sorry dad ", i said. " why are you saying that for ", he asked me. " Because i yelled at you and about your mom- im so sorry dad ", i said. He pulled away from the hug then looked at me.

" There's no reason for you to be sorry Ro. Im just upset that you're mad at me because im just being a dad. Now as for my mom, you didn't have any involvement with that ", dad replied. " Im not mad at you. Im just saying that this is my life and i should be making my own decisions ", i said. " I know i know ", he said.

" -And if you really want to go down there..then im ok with it ", dad continued. " Really ? ", i questioned him. He nodded his head. " Thank you dad ", i said as i gave him a hug. " Yeah yeah yeah, just be safe ok ? ", he said. " Ok i will ", i told him. " Now when are you leaving ", he asked me. " 5 in the morning ", i told him.

He tensed up then he took a deep breath. " Well, just be careful and make sure you call me every chance you get ", dad said. " I will ", i said. He gave me another hug then kissed me on my forehead. " Well ill let you go to sleep then ", he said. I smiled then headed upstairs. " Goodnight dad, i love you ", i told him. He smiled back. " I love you too Ro, now go and leave me alone ", dad said.