Chapter thirty five

Royal

After three hours of driving, we finally arrived in North Carolina. Before today i had already told Tyler where my mom lived at. Im glad, so i wont have to talk to him. I just couldn't wait to get out of this car.

The car ride was so awkward. Anyway, we finally pulled up to the house. It was a two-story brick house with a garage on the side. The lawn and everything was greener than green. Like, i never saw grass that was that green before. There were trees on each side of the house as well. Best looking trees i have ever seen.

There were two cars parked outside of the garage. Which i thought was weird. Like, what's the purpose of having a garage then ? I already could tell that Marion had it better than me, living wise. Which is a good thing i guess.

Tyler got out then slammed the door. I rolled my eyes as he opened the trunk. It was like i couldn't move at all. Like i was stuck. Im just so scared to go knock on the door. I haven't seen Marion in a year almost and im really not on the best terms with my mom.

I heard the trunk slam which made me jump. I looked out of the window to see him standing there. Waiting for me to get out. I build up the courage to get out of the car. I straighten myself up. I waited until he walked first, then i followed suit.

The more we walked the more nervous i would get. We finally got onto the porch. Tyler knocked on the door then stepped back. " Who is that knocking at my door ", i heard somebody yelled but it was muffled. I heard the door being unlocked then it swung open.

" Who the hell are y'all ", this man said. He looked like a skinny rick ross. Beard and all. He also reeked of alcohol. He was really tall with a little muscle built. He was wearing an opened shirt, jeans, and some house slippers. He just looked awful.

" Hello. Am i speaking English ", the man said. I cleared my throat. " Is my mom here ", i asked. He looked at me weirdly. " Who the hell is your momma ", he asked. " Lisa Calloway ", i responded. He shut the door. Me and Tyler looked at each other. I could hear arguing going on inside.

Then the door opened. " Hey sweetie, come on in ", my mom said with a smile. Tyler and I walked inside then she shut the door. " Oh my goodness, im so happy to see you ", she said. She walked up and hugged me. I was hesitant but i hugged her back.

She looked at Tyler then smiled at me. " And who is this ? Your boyfriend? ", mom asked. " No ", me and Tyler said at the same time. Then my mom's smile turned into a frown. " Oh, well then who are you ", she asked him. " Im Ro's friend ", Tyler said. I looked at him then he looked at me. Then he looked away.

" Oh well nice to meet you, im Royal's mother Lisa ", mom told him. They shook each other's hand. " Nice to meet you ", Tyler said. " Well what yall doing all the way down here ", mom asked while looking at me. " I wanted to spend a couple of days here. You know to spend some time with you and Mar ", i responded. I looked over at Tyler. He looked at me with a confused look on his face.

" Well if i would've known that yall were coming i would've gotten a sleeping space together for yall. Yall come on and follow me ", mom said. She started walking upstairs. Tyler shook his head then chuckled sarcastically as he walked in front of me.

I rolled my eyes and follow suit. " The man that answered the door is my husband Cory. He's not really social so don't worry about him ", mom said. I rolled my eyes. I never met Cory before but i have heard stories about him. I don't like him.

" Right here is Marion's room. He'll be here later on. I know he'll be excited to see you ", she said while we continued to walk in the hallway. I hope so because that's the reason im here. " And right here is one of the guestrooms. We only have two so each of you take one. Friend or not, i dont play that up in here ", mom said. We nodded our heads.