Chapter twenty two

Kenan

" Oh my Gosh you remember when we snuck into the strip club on 7th street ", Tanya asked. Then we started laughing.

" We waited until the bouncer went around the back to sneak in ", i said. " And we we're what.. 16 ", i continued. Then she laughed again. " Oh my- we was. We were some bad ass kids ", she said. " Yeah but those were the good old days ", i said. " Yes it was ", she replied.

" I also remembered you went out with Kim in 12th grade ", Tanya said. " You know how i feel about her. Worst decision of my life ", i said. Then she shook her head. " Didnt she steal from you ", she asked.

" She cheated and she stole $50 dollars from me ", i responded. Tanya started laughing. " Im sorry but i tried to warn you about that girl ", she said. " Yeah you did but you know i was hard headed ", i replied. She shook her head again. " Hard headed as hell ", she said.

" Dont think you're off the hook either, with you and Shawn ", i said. " Oh my God. You'll never let me live that down ", she said. " Nope ", i said with a smile. " Ok. How was i supposed to know he was sleeping with his cousin while being with me ", she questioned. " Its downright disgusting ", i said.

" As soon as i found out i dumped him with the quickness. Im just glad we didnt do anything because ughh ", she said. I started laughing. " You remember when us and John went to the rolling rink ", i asked her. " Oh yeah, and John tried to get with the girl who worked at the concession area ", Tanya replied.

We both started to laugh. " She diss him in front of everybody ", i said. She shook her head. " I wonder what ever happened to John ", i said. She sat her wine glass down. Then i sat mines down beside hers.

" Um..John's been taking life pretty hard lately. Even though i haven't talked to him in two years. He's been going through a lot ", she said. " Well whats going on ", i asked. " Its just something he has to tell you on his own ", she responded. Then i looked down at my hands. She went to grab a pen and a piece of paper. She came back and sat down.

" Here, here is his number if you wanna reach out to him ", Tanya said. She gave me the paper. I folded it up then put it in my pocket. " Look Tanya..i know you were hurt about me pushing you away- ", i started off saying. " Kenan, its ok. It happened years ago you dont have to- ", she said. " But i want to. Im sorry. I even pushed John away. Now he's out here going through things that i don't even know about ", i said.

" Look, you had a life to attend to. You had Lisa and Royal to worry about. That doesn't make you a bad friend. Around the same time i had Ryan to worry about. We just had our own stuff going on ", Tanya said. " I know. But i could tell you were upset and i want to apologize again ", i said.

" Kenan, i promise you that im not mad. Im just glad we're here talking again after all these years ", she said. I looked over at her. " Would you mind coming with me to see John ? It would be nice to have all of us together again ", i said. She looked into space then raised her head. " Yeah, of course ill go with you ", Tanya said.

I nodded my head. We heard Royal and Ryan walking downstairs. Which made us turn our heads. " Hey guys where's Bella ", Tanya asked them. " Oh she's sleeping ", Royal replied. " Well, we should be going ", i said. " Ok, it was nice having both of you guys here for dinner. We should do it again sometime ", Tanya said.

" Thanks for having us. Just say the word and we'll be here ", i told her. They walked us to the door. " Bye guys ", Royal said. We walked out onto the porch. " See ya ", Ryan said. We walked to the car then got in. We drove out of the driveway while they were still on the porch. Tanya waved while we drove down the street.

" So how did you like it there ", i asked Royal. " Um i really like all of them. Especially Bella ", she said. Then we laughed. " I know. She was up under you all night ", i said. Royal nodded her head.
---------
Royal

" Dad i gotta tell you something ", i said. He looked over at me then back at the road. " Ok what ", he asked.

Ever since Marion called me yesterday I've been worrying about him. " Well Mar called yesterday ", i started off. " Oh what did he say ", dad asked. " He said something was going on at the house ", i responded. " Like what ", he asked. " I don't know. Something about his dad ", i replied.

Dad didn't say nothing but looked at the road. " Um dad we gotta- ", i said. " Royal no ", he said. " But dad- ", i said. " But nothing. I know you are worried and care about Mar. Me too ok ? But i don't think its my place to get involved and neither is yours ", dad said.

I just looked at him then straight ahead. " I think its something wrong and i wanna step in and help ", i replied. Then dad shook his head. " I said what i said Ro ", he said. It was silence after that. We pulled up at our house then got out.

We walked inside. Then i went upstairs. I went into my room then shut the door. I grabbed night clothes and went into the bathroom. I turned the shower on then got undressed. I hopped in.

After my shower, i got out then put my night clothes on. I did my night skin care routine. Then i got into bed. I called Kaine and talked to him for a hour. I hung up then plugged my phone up. After that, it was lights out for me. Even though Marion is on my mind. Ill just figure out whats going on myself. Ill be damned if somebody messes with my brother.

****************