Chapter seventeen

Royal

" Alright guys welcome. Thanks for signing up to be apart of this year's fashion competition ", the same girl from this morning said. We all clapped and cheered.
" Ok so im Tasha and i am one of the people who's running this program. Now as you all know, we'll have a showcase that'll show off your fashion designs on the runway. We'll have three stages of showing off your designs. Your first stage of this program will be in the theater building out on 12th street to show off your designs ", Tasha said.

We all started cheering. " Its on Friday which means you'll have two days to get your designs ready. Ahaji, Daisy, Rochelle, and myself will be your judges. Which ever people have the best designs will move on to stage two. If you have any questions feel free to ask any one of us ", Tasha continued.

Everybody got up and started walking out of the gym. I walked over to Tasha. " Hey ", i said. She looked up from her clipboard with a smile. " Hey girl ", she said. " Im Royal and- ", i said. " Ooo Royal..thats a pretty yet interesting name ", Tasha said.

I smiled then nodded my head slowly. " Uh yeah, anyway i came over here to see if you had the schedule of which each stage starts ", i said. " Oh well the first showcase starts at three this friday. But as for the other showcases, you'll have to pass the first one in order to know the times for those ", she said.

" Thats kind of weird though ", i said. " Yeah it is. If it was up to me i would've told you but those are the rules ", Tasha said. Then she started looking at my outfit. " I love your outfit girl. Where did you get it ", she said. " Oh this ? I made it ", i said. " You made that? You mean you design that outfit? ", she said while smiling.

" Yeah ", i said. She's kind of weird. " Oh my God. Yo Ahaji, Ro, Daze, come here ", Tasha said. They looked over then walked over to us. " Royal here said that she designed her outfit ", she told them.

" Wow that's dope ", Rochelle said. I only knew her name was Rochelle because of her name tag. " Yeah that fit is hot. I can't because you designed that ", Daisy said. " Yeah i can't believe it either. I really design all of my clothes ", i told them. " What ? Well you got this competition on lock then ", Ahaji said.

" You think so ", i asked. " Hell yeah ", he responded. Then the turning on sound from the intercom surrounded throughout the school.

" Good afternoon falcons , if you were the students who attended the meeting for the fashion competition during first lunch and if you had that lunch, then go on to second lunch. Thank you ", Karen, our secretary said. " Well see you guys friday ", i said. They all said bye. Then i walked out.

I walked towards the hallway where the cafeteria is. " Ro wait up ", i heard Sienna yell out. I stopped then turned around. " Girl what are you doing out of class ", i asked her. " I skipped lunch so i can sit with you during this one ", she said. " awh you thought about me ", i asked.

" Girl no, Brandon has this lunch and i wanna see what he doing ", Sienna said. I sucked my teeth. " What ? Come on ", she said. We continue walking to the cafeteria. Once we got there, a lot of people filled every spot in the lunchroom. " Damn its a lot of people in here ", i said. Sienna nodded her head in agreement.

Second lunch was always packed. Every year. That's why im glad i have first lunch. We walked into one of the lunch lines. After five minutes we finally got to where the food was. I grabbed a cobb salad with a lot of ranch and Sienna grabbed a chicken salad sandwich with fries. After we got out of the line, we went to sit at a table.

" Do you see him anywhere ", i asked her. Referring to Brandon. " Hell nah. Its making me made ", Sienna said. She started eating her fries while i put the ranch on my salad. " Nigga you know you can't beat me in 2k. Fuck you talking bout ", we heard Brandon yell out. He walked in with Tyler and their other three friends. Its ridiculous that we can hear him over everybody in here. With his loud ass.

" Hold on Ro, ill be back ", Sienna said as she got up and walked over to them. It looked like they were arguing. Then all of a sudden, Brandon grabbed Sienna's arm and led her outside of the cafeteria. I shook my head. They're a mess.

I started looking around the lunchroom. Then i saw this girl standing there with her lunch. She had to have been new because i never seen her around before. She's lightskin like Tyler's shade, with a huge curly afro. She has a curly bang which made her face look smaller.

She's thick too, i always dreamed about having that type of body. But i guess God had other plans for me. I couldn't see her face from back here all that well. But she looks lost. Without thinking i got up and walked over to her.

" Hey girl ", i said. She looked over at me with a smile. " Wassup ", she said. " Are you new here ", i asked her. I already knew that she was but i wanted to make sure. " Yeah actually this is my first day here ", she said. " Oh cool well my name is Royal ", i told her.

" Royal..thats a pretty name. Im Mercedes but everybody calls me Sadie for short ", Sadie said. " Well nice to meet you. Do you have anywhere to sit ", i asked her. " Nice to meet you too girl. But no, unfortunately people get real tight over a table so ", she said. " Well you can come sit with me ", i told her. " Bet ", she said. We laughed as i led her to our table.

" Thank you for letting me sit with you Royal ", Sadie said. " Its no problem. You can call me Ro if you want ", i said. She nodded her head. " Ok ", she said. We finally got to our table. Sienna looked up and saw me. " Where did you go Ro ? I thought you left the school or something ", she said. " If i did then why would i leave my stuff here ", i said. " Because you're slow ", Sienna said.

" Anyways, Sienna this is Sadie. Sadie, Sienna ", i said. " Awh you're so pretty, nice to meet you ", Sienna said as she shook Sadie's hand. " Awh thanks girl, nice to meet you too ", Sadie said. Then we both sat down. " So are you new here ", Sienna asked. " Yeah, i just transferred here today ", Sadie responded. " Cool, what school did you come from ", i asked her.

" Thomas Jefferson high ", she said. " wow, isn't that school ghetto ", Sienna asked. " SiSi ", i said. " Nah it's ok, yeah its ghetto as hell but all of my friends are there. Like i don't have any friends here ", Sadie said. Me and Sienna looked at each other. " Well you do now ", Sienna said. We all smiled at each other then we started to laugh.

" We're bestfriends already ", i said. Then they agreed in unison.

***************