Chapter Five

I had a bit of free time so I decided to watch a little tv. Jake never let me watch it. I turned it on and the news popped up on screen. The reporter had blonde hair, obviously fake, with brown eyes. Her skin was tanned and the suit she was wearing was obviously too tight for her.

"Widely known hitman, Gerald Williams, is on the run. Police say they don't know his whereabouts as of now, but a giant manhunt is underway." I shut off the tv and let out a shaky breath. No way. Jake's father was on the way here. I had a bad feeling.

The phone rang, making a scream escape my lips. I felt silly for screaming because of a phone. I got up and answered it.

"Hello?" I answered, still a little shaky from the news.

"Emily, my father is dropping by. Make sure to set another place for him. Don't forget the wine."

"How long is he staying?" I asked.

"Just tonight. That reminds me, make up the guest room as well." He said. I sighed, relieved. He's only staying one night. That wouldn't be so bad.

"Okay. And Jake?" I asked. He sighed, obviously getting irritated.

"What?" he asked, trying not to lose his temper in the office.

"I h-have this school project and I need to go to my friend's house to w-work on it this weekend. Is that okay?" I asked.

"That's fine. Just don't fuck anyone." He said and hung up. I rolled my eyes and hung up.

"Hypocrite." I muttered and went into the kitchen. I decided to make Gerald's favorite meal. Steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans. I get the steak out of the freezer and start to thaw it out. I get the potatoes and start peeling them.

While I was peeling them, my thoughts wondered to Luke. He was mad at me and it hurt worse than when Jake hit me. I wish I could tell him everything. I wish it wast dangerous to tell him. I sighed and continued cooking.

I finished dinner a few minutes before Jake was supposed to be here. I set everything, wine included. I sat down and rested my head in my hands. I'll have to talk to Luke tomorrow. I headed upstairs to make the guest room as Jake told me to. I put down our best sheets and pillows. I guess no pillow for me. I sigh and go downstairs.

As I was on the last step, the door opened. I saw Jake and...Him. My breath caught in my throat and I mustered my best smile. I walked to them and lead them to the table.

"She's a good wife." Gerald said as I was drinking my water. I almost spit it out. Jake did the same.

"Dad, she's not my wife." Jake laughed. My eyes widened and I looked at my feet. Thank God I'm not your wife...

"What? A great cook, a great body, quiet. Come on, Jake!" he hit Jake's shoulder playfully. Jake rolled his eyes. I took another drink and looked Gerald over. His brown and grey hair was slicked back. He had beady brown eyes, and a deep scar from am inch above his eyebrow to his lower cheek. He was wearing an expensive suit and shoes.

"Maybe later." Jake said and continued eating. My stomach dropped. I wanted to scream at the thought of ever being Jake's wife. I couldn't imagine how much worse it would be. Having his kids, raising kids in this environment, it would be horrible.

After we finished eating, they sat on the couch and watched television. They laughed and ordered me around. All night I got them drinks, were the punchline for their disgusting sexual jokes, and more.

Gerald finally went to bed at about three in the morning. Jake kept me up for another fifteen seconds with his sexual frustrations. He rolled from on top of me and soon was snoring loudly. Very attractive. I rolled over and closed my eyes. I thought about Luke.

I wish he wasn't mad at me. I really do want to tell him. It would be dangerous for him, as I've said before. He was perfect though. His eyes, his voice, his laugh, his corny jokes. I want to be in his arms right now. I want to be with him.

A/N: The chapters with Jake will always be shorter until later. Love you guys! :3