Chapter Thirteen

"Two weeks?!" Luke asked excitedly. I couldn't help but smile and nod. He smiled brightly and kissed me. I kissed him back and leaned in, deepening the kiss. Mr. Bonne cleared his throat and Luke pulled away. He pointed at the script and I giggled.

"I can't believe you're gonna stay with me for two weeks." He said. His fingers slowly intertwined with mine, sending a fuzzy feeling all over my body. I smiled and looked at our hands through the dark lenses of my glasses.

"So, does Jake know?" he asked. My heart stopped for a split second and I cleared my throat.

"I broke up with him." I blurted. I wanted to hit myself. Why would I say that? He grinned and kissed me. It was hard not to just make out with him right then. If Mr. Bonne wasn't here, I probably would.

This is all very confusing for me. All of the feelings he gives me, all the looks we share make my heart flutter. None of it makes sense. I knew I had to be careful, especially since I just told Luke Jake and I broke up. I sighed and held my head. It hurt from my swollen eye. The swelling went down a little yesterday when I put ice on it. I did it after Jake fell asleep.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded and took my hand off my head. He took my hand in his. He still didn't know about my black eye. Well, it's more just bruised now since the swelling went down. I wish I could tell him.

"Emily, loosen the grip a bit, yeah?" he asked. I looked and saw I was squeezing his hand tightly. There wasn't any color in his hand where I was squeezing. I instantly loosened my grip on his hand and he gave me a slanted smile.

"Sorry, did I hurt the rough and tough Blacksoul?" I teased and he smiled.

"No way a frail little Princess like you could hurt me." I gasped and hit him. Hard.

"Ow, okay, that actually kind of hurt." He said and rubbed his chest.

"Sorry." I said and patted his chest softly. His hand enveloped mine and I felt his heart vibrate against my hand. It was racing, and so was mine. I looked at him and he smiled softly. I really wanted to leave, but I missed enough school. I smiled at him and turned to my work. Our hands were still together as I continued my work. He scooted his desk closer and intertwined our fingers.

That's what it was like for the rest of the day. I worked all day and Luke tried to coax my into leaving. We were in English, our last class. I was working on the worksheet in front of me when he leaned in close to my ear.

"Come over after school." he said, his voice a little deeper than normal. It sent visible shivers through my body as his finger tips grazed the small of my back. I sighed shakily and looked at him.

"I can't." I said, disappointed. He closed his eyes and sighed.

"Why not?" he asked, opening his eyes.

"I need to straighten things out before I just leave."

"Didn't you break up with him?"

"Yeah, but you know I don't like people having beef with me." I said and he chuckled. He nodded and I smiled at him. He knew what I was talking about. About a year and a half ago, this girl and I got into a one sided "argument". The one side being hers.

I was walking through the hallway, paints in hand. I had to get these back to the art room. I'd asked my art teacher, Miss Smith, if I could borrow them for a project.

"As long as you get it back." She smiled at me.

I was looking at the ground, walking quickly when I bumped into someone head on, causing all of the paints to spill over and stain the, obviously, girl's pink sweater. I heard a dramatic gasp and I was too embarrassed to look up.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Do you know how much this costs?" the girl yelled at me. I looked up slowly and met piercing hazel eyes. She had long, chestnut colored hair and her makeup was caked on like mine.

"I-I'm so s-sorry." I said and looked at the sweater. It looked like a rainbow ate a bunch of Skittles and threw up on her. I held back a laugh as she continued yelling at me.

I ended up taking her sweater to the dry cleaners and played for the whole bill. It was before I met Jake, so I actually had a job. I lived on my own in the house of my childhood at the time.

"Okay...how about tomorrow?" he asked.

"Why are you so quick to try to get me to your house?" I asked. He smirked and leaned in closely to my ear.

"I'd tell you, but you're blushing enough already." He said. I looked at him confused, then he winked and squeezed my bum. I let out a small squeak and jumped. A few heads turned and I felt myself blush. I glared at him and continued my worksheet.

"Told you." He said and I threw my pen at him. He grabbed it and put it in his pocket.

"Oh come on, Luke! That's my only pen." I said sadly and poured. He smirked and shook his head.

"Nope, not until you come over." He said. I groaned and put my head on the desk. Why is he being so complicated?

"Or you could just make out with me." He said, startling me. I jumped, making the desk squeak against the tile floor. Now everyone was looking at me. Before I was punished with mire embarrassment, the bell rang, releasing all of the animals into their natural habitats.

Luke and I walked to his car, our bodies scraping against each other once in a while. He looked down at me and smiled. I smiled up at him and we get in his car. The familiar scent of him filled my nose and I loved it. We remained quiet the whole way to my house. Our hands had a mind of their own as they messed with his. They ended up together on the armrest.

When he parked outside, I sigh at the horrible home. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful house. It's made of red brick, outlined with green leaved trees and a variety of colored flowers. But, love makes a house a home, and no love goes on in there.

"Hey, can you come over tomorrow?" he asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, can you just be patient?" I mimicked him and he laughed.

"Sorry, Princess, I can't stop thinking about your fucking awesome lips on mine." He said and I felt my face heat up. I smile and so does he.

"I need my pen. I have homework." I said, trying to change the subject. He smiled and reached into his pocket.

"You mean this pen?" he asked and I nodded. I reached for it, but he stopped me by placing his hand right under my neck but right above my chest. I blush and move his hand.

"Luke." I drag out his name in a pouty whine and he smirks.

"Almost. Now try it with more of a turned on voice." He winked and I rolled my eyes.

"Can you get your head out of the gutter and give me my damn pen?" I asked and he laughed. I lean over him and reach for the pen, but he grabs my hips and I blush. He sits me on his lap and I looked at him. He looks at my lips and licks his.

"Kiss me." He said and I didn't hesitate. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he smiled. I smiled and met our lips. Our mouths moved, slowly and sweetly. It soon turned into a hungry kiss, desperate even. His hand wandered all over my body and I did the same. He bit my bottom lip and I let out a sound I've never heard myself make before. It was more than a moan, more like a...cry. He shifted under me and suddenly we dropped. I then realized that he made the seat lean back.

"Perv. We aren't doing it in your car." I said and he laughed.

"It? You mean sex?" he laughed and I blushed.

"I mean, I wouldn't in a car." I said, in an obvious tone.

"I'd Goody Two Shoes telling me she's not a virgin?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

"I guess you'll have to find that out on your own." I kissed him and grabbed my pen.

"See you tomorrow, Em!" he called and I waved from my door.