Chapter Twenty One

One Week Later...

I woke up, my heart racing. I knew Jake would be arriving tomorrow. I don't know if Gerald told him or not. I held Luke's hand which was rested on my stomach. I turned, stop  holding his hand. I looked at his perfect face and pecked his lips softly. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled at me.

"Morning." He said and kissed me softly. I kissed him back immediately and he pulled away.

"Morning." I said and got out of the warm bed, regretting it instantly. He got up with me and I went into the bathroom. I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. I brushed my teeth with Luke right beside me. His hand enveloped mine and our fingers entwined together.

We walked into the living room, still hand in hand. He sat on the couch and pulled me onto his lap. I rested my head in the crook of his neck and he stroked my hair. He shifted his head and kissed my head. I smiled and kissed his jaw. He smiled and kissed the back of my hand. I lifted my head and pressed my lips to his. He kissed me back gently and I ran my fingers through his golden locks. I pulled away and he pouted softly.

"I'm scared." I said and he gave my hand a squeeze.

"It'll be okay. Please let me stay with you. I don't like you being alone." He pleaded. I shook my head and he sighed.

"Luke, I can't risk you being hurt." I said.

"I can't risk you being killed, Em." He said, tears filling his eyes. I kissed him softly and he sniffled. He pulled away and wiped away his tears before they fell.

"Luke, please..." I said, my throat starting to burn.

"Emily, please. At least let me sit outside just in case something happens." He asked.

"Fine...Now kiss me, dammit." I said and he smiled. I smiled back and kissed him. One thing led to another and we made love for what may have been the last time.

Yes, it's sure short but it's a filler, sorry. Next one will be drama packed and longer, promise^^