Chapter Eleven

I woke up and groaned. Everything hurt. I tried to get up, by my arms hurt too much. I leaned on the toilet and pulled myself up. Tears swelled in my eyes as I stood. I looked in the mirror and saw my eye was purple and swelled. There were also bruises on my hands. I sighed and went to my pile. I grabbed my gloves and dark glasses. I also grabbed my purple beanie to match my jacket. It really sold the outfit.

I went back into the bathroom and got the shirt Luke let me borrow. It was a simple black tee, but it smelled like him and I loved it. I put it all on and put make up on the rest of my bruises. I looked and saw it looked like I've never been hit. I brushed my teeth and left the bathroom.

I went downstairs and got my shoes on. I looked at the clock and saw it was 6:54. I knew Luke would be here in a few minutes. I got my backpack and went outside. I don't want Jake coming downstairs to hit me again.

I waited for a few minutes until Luke came. Even though it hurt to smile, I couldn't help myself. He parked and got out. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I got up, threw my backpack into the car, and hugged him. I made sure not to mess up my makeup and he hugged me back.

"You look awesome! What changed?" he winked and I rolled my eyes, even though he couldn't see it.

"This was all my inner fashionista could deal with today." I said and he laughed. He opened my door and I got in. We headed off to school, finally. When we got there, he put his arm on my shoulders and I blinked away the tears that filled my eyes. I rested my head on his shoulder and he kissed my head. I smiled and we walked to class.

In French, all we did was practice our skit. At one point, I found myself almost kissing him. When he speaks French, I'm basically jelly in his arms.

"s'enfuir avec moi." He pleaded and took my hands in his. I tried to control my breathing. The actual look of desperation in his eyes seemed like he really wanted me to run away with him.

"Où, mon amour?" I replied. He smiled and read the next line.

"n'importe où est parfait, tant que tu es avec moi." He said and I looked at the paper. The next line we wrote is they kiss and run away.

(Luke: Run away with me.

Emily: Where to, my love?

Luke: Anywhere is perfect, as long as you're with me.)

"Okay, so that's great. I guess we're finished." I said and got the paper.

"There's still two more things." He said and leaned closer. His lips were almost touching mine. He reached behind me and got closer. My heart raced as he got closer. I could smell the mint on his breath. Our lips were so close, I could feel them. He smiled and sat back in his seat. He had the paper in his hand and my jaw dropped a bit.

"You sneaky little..." His lips met mine, silencing me. Well that's one way to do it. I kissed him back without realizing it. He smiled under the kiss and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Mr. Hemmings, Miss Moore, no PDA please." the teacher said and the whole class either whistled or laughed. Luke pulled away and I blushed deeply. I turned away from the class and grabbed the paper from Luke's grasp.

"Wait, we still have one more thing." He said and grabbed my hand. No way. He suddenly got and ran toward the door. I grabbed my backpack and he ran out the room. I laughed and so did he. We were running when we slipped. I yelled out and we fell. We laughed uncontrollably and I hit his shoulder.

"Worth it?" he asked.

"Worth it." I said and we ran out the front door.

He drove us to, you guessed it, the frozen yogurt place. I felt like a bad student, just running out like that. But we're seniors, so fuck it. We were still laughing a bit while we ate.

"So, about that kiss." He said and winked. I smiled and laughed.

"It was a part of the script." I said.

"It never said they make out." He smirked.

"We didn't make out." I shook my head.

"We would have if Mr. Bonne hadn't interrupted us." He smiled. I smiled and pushed his shoulder lightly.

"What makes you so sure?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Wanna test it?" he winked. I pretended to think about it and he leaned closer. I smiled and pushed him.

"No, you perv." He laughed and I giggled.

"Do you want to come over this weekend again?"

"Yeah, definitely." I smiled and he smiled too.

"Why are you still wearing glasses?" he asked and reached for them. I leaned back and held them in place. He chuckled and reached for them again.

"Emily, come on, just take them off." He said and I got up. He got up after me and almost got my glasses.

"Luke, come on." I begged. He shook his head and wrapped his arms around my waist. I tried to push him away, hut he was too strong.

"Hey, what's going on here? Is he bothering you?" a guy asked.

"No, he's my friend." I said at the guy and he nodded.

"Mind your fucking business, you bloke." Luke said and I gasped at him.

"Luke!" I said and he laughed. I hit his chest lightly and he let me go.

"You wanna get out of here?" he asked.

"To where?" I replied.

"Anywhere. Maybe the park?" he suggested. I smiled and nodded. He took my hand and we walked to the car.

The park was beautiful at this time. The trees were in full bloom and there was always one cherry blossom tree. That's where Luke and I met. Under the Cherry blossom tree. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

I was sitting under the tree, sweet pink petals falling off of it slowly and at a steady pace. I was crying. I had just came back form my parents funeral. I soon heard someone sit next to me. I saw a boy with golden hair and blue eyes. He also had a lip ring and black clothing. He gave me a sympathetic smile.

"What's wrong, Princess?" he asked, resting his arm around my shoulders.

"Who are you?" I asked, sniffling.

"My name's Luke. What about you?" he asked.

"Emily." I said and wiped away a tear that fell.

"Well, what's wrong, Emily?" he asked, nudging his hip into mine.

"My parents were killed." I said and his smile fell.

"Really?" he asked.

"Why would I lie about that?" I asked and he smiled.

"Good point. Well, Emily, you gotta keep your chin up. I know it's hard now, but it'll be okay later on. And I'll be here to help every step of the way." He said and smiled. I felt myself smile for the first time in a long time.

"Emily, come on." He said and we walked to the cherry blossom tree. We sat down where we sat, three years ago. He wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. I loved it when we sat like this. I looked up at him and he looked down at me.

"Emily, I'm not gonna lie, it's really hard not to kiss you right now." He said and smiled. I blushed and looked down.

"Luke...I get it." I said and he lifted my chin.

"Would you pull away if I kissed you?" he asked. Butterflies flew in my stomach as I shook my head. He leaned down and our lips met. I was hesitant at first, honestly, but I soon melted in his arms.