Chapter Sixteen

We were sitting on his couch, his arm around me and my arm around his waist. I rested my head on his chest and he was stroking my arm slowly. I looked up at him and he smiled at me. I smiled back and kissed him softly. He kissed me back and cupped one side of my face with his hand. I pulled away and looked into his beautiful eyes.

"Em, I just want to say that you are amazing." He said and I smiled.

"Luke, you're perfect." I said and he smiled too. I kissed him and he kissed me back immediately. He leaned into me, pushing me back. I landed softly on my back and he ran his hands all over my body. He touched my sensitive area and my back arched. He smiled under the kiss and I bit his lip. He moaned and continued touching me.

"Are you ready to do it again already?" he asked.

"I don't know, I'm really sore from earlier." I said honestly.

"You know, the best way to get rid of soreness is to work it out." He said and pushed himself against me. I raised an eyebrow and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Oh really?" I asked and he smiled.

"You're doubting me?" he asked.

"Prove it." I said and we intertwined our bodies again. I was holding onto the couch tightly as we finished. He smiled and I did too.

"You're so beautiful." He said and layed next to me. His arm snaked around my waist and I smiled. I turned around so I was facing him.

"You're beautiful." I said and he smiled.

"I'm not a girl." He said and I poked him with my fist on his shoulder.

"Boys can be beautiful. It's rare, but it happens." I said.

"What makes me beautiful?" he asked, moving a patch of hair out of my face. I held his hand in mine.

"Everything. You're sweet, you're kind, you're gentle. I know you, and I know your soul is beautiful. Not black." I said and he half smiled.

"Really?" he asked. I nodded and kissed his hand.

"Why would I lie?" I asked.

"Because the sex is that good." He said and I laughed.

"I wouldn't lie because of sex." I said.

"What would you lie because of?" he asked and my thoughts went to Jake.

"If someone I cared about was in danger and lying was the only way they would be safe." I said and he kissed me.

"You don't need to protect me." He said and I looked up at him. Does he know?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I just have a feeling you're talking about me." He said. My heart raced and I shook my head.

"I know you can take care of yourself." I said and he nodded.

"You're sure you know that?" he asked and I nodded slowly. I couldn't look at him in the face. He would know I'm still hiding something. I wanted to hit myself again for saying Jake and I broke up.

"You want to do something?" he asked. A smile found it's way to my face.

"Didn't we just do something?" I asked and winked.

"Hey, that's my thing. Although, it's much sexier on you." He said and kissed me.

"I highly doubt that." I said and he laughed. I kissed him and got up. I put all of my clothes on, despite my soreness.

"You lied to me, by the way." I said and turned to him.

"Oh? About what?" he asked, propping himself up on his elbow.

"It didn't help my soreness, it made it worse." I said and smiled. He smiled back at me.

"We have to keep working it out, babe." He said and my heart fluttered. I never thought it would feel this good to cheat. Maybe Jake feels the same way when he's with Miss Webster. I smiled and sat next to him. He pulled me closer to him and smiled. I leaned down and kissed him gently.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked him.

"I was thinking we could go somewhere. As a couple, officially." He said and grinned. I smiled and nodded.

"Sure, where?" I asked.

"Anywhere." he said.

"Oh, that's so helpful." I said and rolled my eyes. I smiled and he lifted himself to meet our lips. I could kiss him all day.

"How about...We go to the gym?" he asked.

"How romantic." I said and laughed.

"I have a fight tomorrow." He said and I nodded. He got up and went to his room. I sat and waited until he got back. He came back a few minutes later in his gym clothes. Which was just basketball shorts and shoes.

"Do you have a change of clothes?" I asked.

"Yes, Mom." He smiled and I smiled too. He held out his hand and I took it. We walked to his car and started for the gym.

"Do you ever think about not fighting?" I asked.

"Not really. It's the only way I can keep that house." He said and I nodded.

"What about your parents? You've never told me about them." I said and he sighed.

"Maybe another time." He said and tightened his grip on the steering wheel. I crossed my arms around my chest and sighed.

"The first thing we ever talked about was my parents." I said.

"I know, I was there." He said.

"They aren't dead are they?" I asked and immediately regretted it.

"No." He said simply and I decided to leave it at that. I could tell I upset him and I didn't like the look on his face. It was full of hurt and anger. I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He smiled and pecked my lips. I smiled and looked out the window. He really was perfect.

We got to the gym and he took my hand in his as we walked. I smiled and nudged his hip with mine. He smiled and kissed me softly. I smiled and we went into the gym. It smelled like sweaty men again. He put on his boxing gloves and started hitting the bag.