Chapter Ten

When Luke dropped me off at home, I didn't want to get out if the car. I wanted to turn around and kiss him, beg him to run away with me. But I didn't. I just walked inside.

When I turned from closing the door, I saw Jake sitting on the couch with a beer in his hand. He took a drink and looked at me. I let gasped quietly and my stomach turned. He's drunk. This doesn't look good.

"Where were you?" he asked gruffly. I jumped at the sound of his voice.

"I w-was at my fr-friend's house, remember?" I said and he got up. He walked to me and threw the bottle at the wall next to me. I screamed and covered my mouth. He grabbed me by my throat and lifted me off the ground.

"What friend?" he asked and pushed me against the wall. I closed my eyes and struggled to breathe. I tried to pry his hand off my neck, but he just tightened his grip. I tried to breathe, but pathetic sounds came out instead.

He groaned and threw me towards the table. I covered my head and hit the corner of the table. I yelped in pain as he kicked all of the breath I had in my body. I tried to crawl away, but he dragged me by my feet. I clawed at the floor, trying to prevent him from dragging me. He was too strong. He picked me up by my hair and brought me close to his face.

"What. Friend." He asked again, his teeth clenched.

"A good friend of mine." I said and he groaned loudly. He threw me around by my hair and I got a headache. He hit my in my stomach and pushed me against the wall again.

I won't get Luke hurt.

He got close to my face, his eyes boring into mine. I looked at him, trying to hold a straight face.

"Tell me and I'll leave you alone." He said and I closed my eyes. I opened them back up and said the two words I never thought I'd say to him.

"Fuck. You."

His face got angrier by the second and he started beating on me. When he finally got tired, he wasted ten more seconds of my time by getting his penis tired as well. He spit on my face and went upstairs. When the door closed, I wiped it away on my jacket.

I went upstairs, my muscles aching. I went into my bathroom and looked at the damage. My right eye was swelling and there were new bruises on my face and neck. I took off my jacket and there were more bruises on my shoulders and arms. I sighed and closed my eyes. I took off my clothes and got into the shower. When I finished, I layed down on the bathroom floor and fell asleep.