Chapter Twenty

I woke up with a major headache. I was also in Luke's room. I recognized it by all of the black. I looked and saw Luke sleeping next to the bed, his hand lazily wrapped around mine. I kissed the top of his head and he stirred.

"Luke, get in the bed." I said and he climbed in, his eyes still closed. He wrapped his arms around me protectively. My back was to his front and I loved it. He was soon snoring lightly and I smiled. I closed my eyes and soon fell back asleep.

I was walking around my house, a dropping feeling in my stomach. There was something...wrong. It was darker, more threatening. I gasped as a tight grip squeezed my arm. I turned and saw Jake. He had an angry look on his face.

"You've betrayed me. I'll make sure to get rid of your little boy toy, too. Don't worry." He said and raised his hand. In his hand was a gun. My eyes widened and I couldn't find air to breathe. He aimed it at me and a loud band filled my ears.

I shot up and gasped. I breathed heavily and held my racing heart. Luke sat up and rubbed my back. I sobbed and leaned on his shoulder. He soothed me by holding my close and whispering sweet things into my ear. I wiped my tears away and looked at him.

"What happened?" He asked as soon as I calmed down.

"It was just a bad dream." I said and shivered.

"Emily, you can tell me." He said and kissed my cheek.

"It was Jake. He said he was going to kill you and shot me." I said. He sighed and hugged me tightly.

"I won't let him hurt you." He promised softly. I looked at him, our faces a few inches away from each other's.

"How can you promise that?" I asked, fear rising inside me.

"I just can. We're going to train today and..." I cut him off by kissing him.

"What about school?" I asked.

"Covered. I turned in our assignment for French and said we couldn't act it out." He said.

"What did we get?" I asked.

"A minus." He said.

"How?" I asked in disbelief.

"Let's just say I persuaded Mr. Bonne." He said and winked.

"How?" I asked again.

"Two Benjamin Franklins convinced him to look the other way." He smiled and I gasped dramatically.

"You paid off our teacher?" I asked.

"Yep." He said, popping the 'p'. l shook my head and got out of the bed. He gently wrapped his hands around my hips and pulled me back.

"Luke, come on. I want to train." I said and his eyebrow raised.

"You want to?" He asked. I nodded and smiled.

"Okay, let's go." He said and kissed me. We got up and got ready. I put on my outfit I had on yesterday and Luke did too. His black shorts looked amazing on him. I packed a change of clothes, just in case I wanted to take a shower.

When we got there, Luke showed me how to punch correctly again. I hit his large hands over and over until my knuckles were numb. When we were finished with that, he got a large punching bag.

"You've upgraded." He said and smiled. I smiled and bosses lightly. He came up behind me and his large, but soft, hands trailed down my arms and his front was pressed to my back. I felt his head hovering over my shoulder.

"You're doing great." He said in my ear, his voice hoarse. I looked at him and a small smile found it's way onto my face. I kissed his neck and he sighed slowly. I smiled and focused on the punching bag in front of me. I took a swing and looked at him. He smiled and nodded.

"Good, keep going." he said and I did as he said. I continued hitting it until sweat made my skin glow. I continued hitting..it until my knuckles were sore.

"I need a shower." I said and Luke chuckled.

"Okay, showers are this way." He said, leading me to the showers. We got in the bathroom and he closed the door behind us.

"Luke, you're not taking a shower with me." I said an  He pouted.

"Why not? It's not like I haven't seen every inch of you already." He smirked and I felt my face heat up.

"We'll get caught." I shook my head. He pulled me closer to him by my waist and kissed my neck.

"You need to relax." He said and reached behind us. I heard the lock on the door click and he nibbled my neck. I leaned my head to give him more access.

"Fine, but no sex." I said and he rolled his eyes, but then he smiled.

"Ill change your mind. Come on." He said and he took off his shirt. We're really doing this then.

I looked at him in amazement. His body was so fit and he was so...muscular. Yet, under all of that muscle, is one of the sweetest guys you'll ever meet. I looked away shyly as he pulled down his shorts. I heard him chuckle and I smiled to myself.

"Come on, Em. You can't take a shower with your sweaty clothes on."

"I could." I protested. He laughed and lifted my sports bra.

"That would be kind of counterproductive, don't you think?" He asked and took my sports bra off. I took my shorts and underwear off and he turned on the shower. Soon, steam shot up into the air, making the walls drip with condensation.

I stepped in and Luke stepped in after me. I covered my private areas and he hugged me from behind. I could feel Luke Jr on me and I giggled at myself.

"What are you giggling about, Princess?" He asked in my ear. I shivered and felt him smirk against my neck. I wet my hair and reached for the shampoo.

"Wait, can I?" He asked. I handed him the shampoo and he put in in my hair softly and delicately. It was a very intimate moment, honestly. I did the same for him and he kissed me softly. I kissed him back gently and then washed the shampoo out of my hair.

When we got out, we changed into our extra clothes we brought and went next door to the frozen yogurt place.