Chapter Nine

I sat in the stands, men screaming all around me. I kept the hood on over my head like Luke told me to. Why had I agreed to go with him? This was stupid. There was an overweight bald guy sweating next to me. His deep screaming scared me in all honesty. The huge black cage in front of me wasn't helping.

I saw Luke walk over to me, his black hood covering his face. I walked over to him and looked into his hood. His familiar eyes shined.

"Its almost my turn." He said bluntly. I nodded and quickly hugged him.

"Don't get killed." I said and he chuckled.

"Good luck kiss?" he asked and pointed at his lips. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Please?" he begged. I rolled my eyes again and lean closer. My lips met with his cheek and I hugged him again. He smiled and headed back to where he came from. I crossed my arms and sat back down.

I watched the current fight and I wanted to cover my face. There was a big guy, who had huge muscles, pounding on a skinnier guy. The skinnier guy had brown hair, I couldn't really make out his eyes, and he had a beard. It wasn't as thick or bushy as the other guy's. After a few more hits, the skinny guy went down.

"And the winner again, Lumberjack!" the announcer yelled. What a fitting name. He looked like a lumberjack.

"And now," they carried the skinny guy out, "our five time champion, Blacksoul!" Everyone cheered and got up. There were a few people booing. Suddenly, I saw Luke walk out. He threw off his hood, revealing his upper body and face. My heart raced in anticipation.

They got in a fighting stance and my eyes widened. I really wanted to cover my eyes now. I couldn't move. All I could do was watch. The bell dinged and they got closer and closer until Luke took the first swing. It hit Lumberjack right on his temple. They were soon in a war. Luke got hit in the nose so hard, he fell back, hitting his head on the cage. I jumped up and covered my mouth, trying not to scream.

Luke growled loudly and got up. Blood ran down from his nose to his shorts. I stood, watching. Luke hit Lumberjack and he fell back. An instant knock out. I cheered and so did everyone else,.not counting some people. They started cheering his stage name over and over again. He smiled and threw his arms in the air.

When he came from backstage, his nose was bandaged and all the blood was cleaned off. I ran to him and hugged him. He hugged me back tightly and I smiled.

"Thank God you're okay. I thought you were a gonner." I said honestly. He shook his head and smiled at me.

"I always win, babe." He said and butterflies flew ferociously in my stomach. I hit his shoulder and laugh. He laughs with me and we head back to his house. When we got inside, we plopped onto the couch and watched some tv.

I honestly wasn't paying attention to the tv. I suddenly let out a laugh I was holding since we were at the cage. Luke looked at me like I was crazy. I probably looked crazy.

"I know Spongebob can be funny, but not that funny." He said and chuckled.

"No, I'm not laughing at that." I said through breaths.

"What's so funny?" he asked, shifting to face me.

"Blacksoul?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"What's so funny about the truth?"

"Luke, come on. Your soul isn't black. You're the most amazing person I've ever met. You've been there for me when I didn't deserve it. Your soul isn't black. Your soul is beautiful." I said and he looked at me.

"Really?" he asked. I looked down and nodded. He lifted my chin and looked into my eyes. I hated this. I mean, I love it, but. I hated it.

"Luke, I really want to, but-."

"Then why not? Jake doesn't deserve you." He said and I sighed.

"It's...compli-."

His lips pressed against mine. I kissed him back immediately. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I cupped his face. He layed back and now I was on top of him. His lips moved with mine and it felt incredible. I wish it didn't feel right. I pull away and get off of him. He gets up and sighs.

"Em, I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me." He said and I shook my head.

"Luke, it's okay. It takes two."

"I think we should work on our project." He tried to change the subject. I shook my head and layed on him.

"I'm tired." I said and he stroked my hair.

"Okay. Bonsoir, belle." He said and I smiled.