Chapter 8

©Copyright 2014 All Rights Reserved

*Jean

The throbbing in the back of my head was coming on full force as i woke from the darkness.

Something under me was jumping up and down causing my stomach to twist nervously. I held in the need to puke as my eyes opened.

The first thing i saw was the ground and it was moving by fast. My eyes widen as I realized that I was thrown across a horse on my stomach. I wanted to scream nervous I was going to fall off until I realized that something was in my mouth gagging me.

My wrist and ankles were bound together like I was a animal being sent home for a meal. I start to lift up until a hand pushed me back down roughly. "Be still you stupid human" a voice I immediately remember said in a very upset tone.

I twisted myself sideways to look up at the person but as soon as I caught a glance of the golden hair I was smushed back into looking at the ground. "A curious one I see" he chuckled darkly as he kicked his legs into the horse making it go faster.

My eyes widen scared as the horse picked up speed. The movements made my stomach whirl in pain. A noise suddenly had my head turning to the back of the horse. Something was moving quickly towards us dashing in and out of the trees in a unbelievable speed.

I screamed the noise was muffled because of the cloth in my mouth. The person above me made an annoyed noise. I struggled more as the something moved closer. A elbow slammed into my back causing me to jump from the pain.

Tears slid down my face as my back ached from pain. Then out of no where a wolf bounded toward the horse at full speed. I screamed through the cloth as two more wolves followed behind that one.

They ran up quickly jumping up at the horse snapping their large white teeth at it. "Damn it they've come quickly" the annoyed princely voice said steering the horse sideways.

It bumped into one of the wolves sending it into one of the trees. The wolf whimpered falling to the ground. The other two wolves growled annoyed and followed the horse without missing a step.

The one that got harmed jumped right back up growled and soon dashed towards us. One wolf jumped up at me snapping its jaws I leaped backwards terrified.

Another wolf bumped into that one growling at him. I found that weird but had no time to think about it because an arm quickly latched around me. Then we bounded off the horse and we did it so hard the horse was smacked into the ground.

I flinched at the sound of the horse impelling into the ground. The jump took us way beyond the top of the trees and the wolves jumped at and around us. We seem to float for one amazing breath taking moment. The night sky gleamed with stars way more then they did in the city. Soft puffy clouds moved gently across the sky.

The air was crisp and cool as a fresh drink of spring water. Suddenly we dropped and my heart squeezed tight in my chest right before it hammered in full capacity. I could feel blood rushing to my ears like lightning as the ground grew closer and closer.

We slammed through the trees and branches cut into my face and skin. We landed easily on a branch that cracked and broke in half a moment later. I screamed into the cloth feeling like my heart was about to jump out of my chest.

When his feet finally hit the ground it caused a dent in the earth which I was surprised didn't break his legs. Before he could even run a loud whistle blared off in the distance. I looked up through my water filled eyes to see a figure standing in the distance.

I blinked and my sight cleared making me finally see what caused my kidnapper to freeze. Standing in the distances in the shade of the trees stood a tall figure and farther behind him walked even darker smaller figure.