1. Orange Jacket

January 10th, 1993
Harlem, New York

Emoni,

"See you tomorrow Emoni."

"Bye." I said, getting in my car.

It's been a long day at work and all I want to do is go home and relax. I get tired of coming here all the time. Flipping burgers, getting popped by the fry grease.

It's all just becoming so, so much. I'm not used to being a bum, it's not my lifestyle. I come from a very wealthy family. My dad is a famous author and my mom is a super model. So working was never a thing that I had to worry about.

But that all changed when I turned 18. My mom's career started to take a turn for the worse. After I graduated from high school my parents split up for a while. And let's just say that her body that was once slim and perky, became plump and jiggly.

In my opinion my mother still looked beautiful. But it just wasn't what her employer was looking for.

So my mother's career came to a depressing end. After a couple of months my parents had gotten back together and we became one big happy family again.

As time went on my mom got sick of me living off of dad's money. She wanted me to work for the things that I wanted in life. So she convinced my dad to kick me out, give me start up money for an apartment, and have my own life.

And now, I'm here.

Working at McDonald's, with bums and teenagers. But it's been keeping my bills paid.

The only bright side of this is not having to wear those ugly floral dresses anymore. I've never been too keen on dresses. I'm more of a tomboy type girl ya know.

I moved to Harlem, because Beverly Hills didn't have any cheap apartments for me to live in. So my dad bought me a flight ticket and off I went to fulfill mom's dream.

The thought of it made me roll my eyes, causing me to come to a fast stop. My head jerked back I panicked stepping on the gas instead of the brake. The car went forward and I hit the car in front of me.

I sat there, watching as the angry woman got out of her car slamming her door shut.

"Get out!" She yelled.

I sat there confused as to what she meant. She kicked the hood of my car shocking me.

"I said get out! What? Are you scared little bitch?!" She spat, holding her arms out.

I rolled my eyes again, getting out of my car. "Look, I don't want any trouble," I said putting my hands up.

"What do you mean? You hit me!"

"And I'm deeply sorry for that," I apologized. "So, here's my card and have a nice day." I handed her my card but she declined.

"Hell naw! I don't want that I wanna beat yo ass!" She said, taking off her cheap ass earrings.

"Look," I said, sitting down my card in front of her. "I can clearly see that your just trying to pick a fight here. So, there's my card and have a nice day." I turned from her and started power walking to my car.