5. Back at it again

February 16th, 1993
Harlem, New York

February 16th, 1993Harlem, New York

Emoni,

I woke up to the smell of bacon under my nose. I rolled over in bed, wrapping the warm cover around my body. My eyes slowly opened to be faced with a beautiful view of an unfamiliar neighborhood.

That's right, I fell asleep at Birdie's house last night. And no we did not do anything, we just slept. I think he knows that i'm not ready yet, because he's been being very patient when it comes down to it.

I'm glad that he respects my choice to wait, I mean we haven't even been together that long yet. I mean it was just yesterday that our relationship became official, and i'm happy that I did it, Birdie's the best thing I ever had.

Well, at least he is, so far.

I sighed through my mouth, inhaling the fresh air through my nostrils. A smile grew on my face as I heard Birdie's voice from the stairwell, he was shouting with laughter while on the phone he must've been talking to a dear friend.

He was kind of reminding me of when I lived back in beverly hills, I had this cousin.. Her and I were so close, we would do everything together, up until the day she died...

She was only 13 years old I was 12, her body was found in the poor side of town, her body was filled with lashes, and gunshot wounds, her clothes were gone, and it later came out that she had been brutally raped and tortured...

My life never was the same...

They never found out who did it, but it was already this strange guy who would drive past her house almost everyday, I think that it was him, but nobody was gonna listen to a distraught 12 year old girl.

I shook my head clear of my thoughts, getting out of the bed, making my way towards the stairs. I walked down the steps going towards the kitchen, I stood in the door way looking at his back.

He stopped talking, turning his upper body around to face me. "I'll call you back. Yeah, she up. Aight man, talk to you later." he hung the phone up. "Good morning, boo."

I smiled. "Good morning."

"Come in the kitchen girl, standing there like a hungry person."

"Shut up."

He chuckled. "Come on and sit down girl."

I playfully rolled my eyes, plopping down in the seat he prepared for me. I looked down at my plate that was filled with grits, cheese eggs, bacon, waffles, sausages, and a side of french toast, along with a tall glass of orange juice.