12. What's the deal? Pt. 1

March 30th, 1993

Emoni,

I was laying in bed with my eyes closed, blasting Snoop Dogg's gin and juice in my headphones. I never listen to rap, but ever since I been with him, rap music's been growing on me. I'm still at Nic's house, but she doesn't mind though so it's all good.

It's been nice being with her all the time her company's been great and all that, but it's just the small things that she does and they piss me off, but that just shows that we shouldn't be living together.

Because I live with Birdie and nothing that he does pisses me off at all I just get him I guess.

My eyes opened as the smell of bacon hit my nose, I sat up enjoying the aroma in the air it made me start to think about when I used to wake up to Birdie in the morning. I shook the thought off, getting out of bed, going down the stairs towards the kitchen grabbing a seat at the table.

"Hey girl." Nic said as she brought me over a plate.

"Hey." I said, before my eyes shifted down to my plate.

It had two pieces of bacon on it with some eggs. I was kind of disappointed by the display that sat in front of me, but I decided not to say anything because she didn't have to make me anything really. "I whipped you up something quick because I got to go."

"Okay cool, thanks." I said low-key growing jealous.

"I'll be back tomorrow."

"Why tomorrow?" I questioned after talking a bite of my eggs.

"Because, he want's the team to practice until 9 tonight and then we're all going to his club for a meeting and maybe some partying."

"Your gonna be partying with him all night long?"

"Not him. The team."

"Mhmm," i said, hiding my anger while scooping around my plate.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No, I just don't like the sound of you being with Birdie all night."

She sighed. "Emoni."

"What?"

"Okay, so first of all ew. And second of all. You clearly miss him so why not just talk to him now?"

"I'm not going anywhere to talk to him. And besides, he's not even worried about me he hasn't even called me in the last week."

"He's probably just trying to give you your space," she suggested.

"Please," I disagreed, before eating a piece of my bacon.

"Trust me. He hasn't even been acting like himself lately. He definitely misses you."

I felt my cheeks get hot, from the thought of Birdie being so bothered by us not talking that he can't even control his team the right way, because he can't stop thinking about me.

That is so sweet.

"Well if that's true, then he knows where he can definitely find me." I said with an attitude, hiding the gushy feeling inside.