Chapter 1

Eve's POV

I was walking on the street to the Death Weapon Meister Academy School with my twins along with me. This isn't exactly our first day of school yet, but we were just going to the school to talk to Lord Death about the school rules and how things shall go. We also have to sign an agreement with the school, at least that is what my mother told me. Our reasons for joining this school are because my mother and my late father were students in the DWMA. My mother was a weapon and my father was a meister. Two years ago, upon discovering that my twin brothers, Joseph and Joshua are weapons, my mother wanted us to become students at the academy. So my mother hired a fencing instructor to teach me how to fence and how to use a sword. How was my mother able to hire a fencing instructor? Well me and my brothers come from a wealthy family. My mother was talented in singing, instruments like piano or violin, and she is also a famous writer for books. Not to mention she's a model. My father is talented in martial arts and is very athletic. I do wish we would drive instead of going on foot. The sun is out and it's quite warm out here. Although there is at least a little breeze out here, so that's ok I suppose. A reason why our chauffeur can't drive is that he's sick. I hope he feels better, soon.

No one's POV

             Eve and her brothers continued to walk. Joshua, as always, had a happy-go-lucky smile on his face and Joseph had a calm look. "Are you sure you know where we're going?" Joseph said as he looked down at Eve. She kept a straight face and looked ahead of her "Of course I am." Although this was their first time going to the academy, Eve was well aware of where it was located. After all, her mother gave her the address and did say if they find the DWMA, they should see a long staircase and big lit candles.

           While walking, Eve and the twins walked pass a few people. One of those people happens to be a teenage boy with 3 stripes on the left side of his black hair. He was wearing a black suit with white rectangles on it. Three rectangles on his shoulder and four on the front side. He has a skull stuck to his collar and on his right hand, he is wearing a skull ring on his fourth finger and another Skull ring on his left hand. 

              Behind him were two girls who looked like they were in their late teens. The girl on his right side had dirty blonde hair and was wearing a cowgirl-looking outfit. She was wearing a white tie with a sleeveless turtle neck belly shirt. Along with that, she had on black high-heeled boots, jeans, and a cowboy hat. The girl on the boy's right looked younger than the other girl with bright blonde short hair and had on the same outfit, except she's wearing shorts. While Eve and her brothers walked past them, the boy glanced at Eve noticing how elegant she looked, and stared at her in awe. Eve noticed the boy looking at her. She smiled at him and continued to walk followed by her brothers. The girl with dirty blonde hair noticed that the boy stopped and looked at him with concern, "Is something wrong Kid?" she asked. The boy shook his head a little, "No," he said, "Let's keep going."

                Eve and the twins approached the academy and noticed a very long staircase. At first glance, the Academy can be said to have a rather eccentric appearance, looking a bit like a large funhouse rather than a school. Standing on a large platform that can be accessed by a long line of white steps, the school is comprised of a collection of large black towers and spires patterned with white lines and the occasional Shinigami mask. The roofs of the towers are conical and bright red in color. Enormous candles poke out of shafts along the circumference of the buildings. Strangely, the flames of these candles never go out, and the candles never shorten. The Academy's most distinguishing feature, however, is the three large Shinigami skulls lined up at the entrance. The middle skull is the largest, and sports three blood-red spikes going through its eye and nose holes. The skulls on the side are smaller and have slanted eyes. The gaps between the 'teeth' of these giant skulls serve as the school's main entrances. The staircase looked to have at least one hundred or more steps. Eve smiled, placed her hand on her hip, and looked at school. The boys, however, looked more appalled by the stairs, seeing that they have to walk up the stairs.