Chapter 12

Hey!!! I wasn't sure if you guys were curious about how the Ballard Mansion would look like. So I thought I'd show you, in case you were curious. The mansion that I'm thinking of only looks similar to this one but wider and a little more dark-themed (mostly on the inside). Plus behind the mansion is a dojo, since Eve's dad is a swordsman and martial artist and that's the kinda place where he would train. This family is rich enough to buy a spaceship if they wanted to. Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

        It felt pretty grim inside the tea room, not to mention quiet. Eve sat in a chair with her legs crossed and her knuckles supporting her head while her elbow laid on the arm of the chair. Her eyes were closed as she looked gloomy. Joseph and Joshua stood behind her with their arm crossed and they looked just as grim as Eve. Sitting in front of them was the young boy, named Richard Sullivan, and his personal supposed female butler standing behind him. Richard sat with a cunning smile as he looked at Eve. "It sure has been a while, hasn't it. Seven years, I believe?" He spoke with his smooth voice. He stares at her up and down, attracted to her appearance, "You're as lovely as ever. It's to be expected. After all, you're Evangeline's daughter." He compliments. One of the butlers in the Ballard mansion went inside the room to set the tea for Eve and the guest.

Eve nodded in response, "Yes, I do appreciate your approval."

"Why do you look so grim? Aren't you happy to see me?" he asked, supposedly hurt.

"If we're being truthful here, then I'd say not so much."

"Now, now, there's no need to be like that. Can't a guy visit an old friend whom he's hasn't seen in 7 years?"

         Eve was silent, not wanting to be bothered to answer that question. She can hardly consider him a "friend". Eve had quite a history with Richard. They knew each other as little kids. Actually, the Ballard family knew his family. After Evangeline graduated from the DWMA and reached her career as a model and singer, Richard's father, Damien, started to grow an interest in her. He offered to become her manager and eventually, she agreed. Damien began to fall in love with her, but Evangeline rejected him. This went on for several years until the day when Evangeline got pregnant with the twins.

         Soon after they were born, Evangeline decided to retire from her career as a model and singer so that she can spend more time with her family. Damien was reluctant but decided to let Evangeline do as she wished. Three years after, Eve was born and Richard's mother/Damien's wife gave birth to him.

         The two were in elementary together and both were very talented children. That reason being why the two of them never got along. As talented as Richard was, he could never top Eve. It's not an opinion, it's just a fact. She had higher grades, she was better at singing, she was excellent at dancing, and is outstanding in instruments like violin and piano. Richard was very jealous of Eve. So jealous, he would always try to sabotage Eve in any way and disrespect her. Not to mention that he would speak badly about her and her family to other kids, including her father, which is crossing the line. Those are the very few reasons why Eve, her brothers, and even Evangeline never liked him.

"So how have you been? I've heard that you and your brothers have applied in that academy for weapons and meisters," spoke Richard, striking a conversation. Eve nodded, "It was a month ago."

"It must be fun to hunt down kishins. It is fun, right?"

           "Perhaps, " Eve replied, "but the main purpose of this academy is to protect the world from evil such as kishins and witches. We also try to keep the world at peace, being that there are certain people out there that would abandon their life as a human and choose the path of evil. We train hard to protect the innocent souls; some of us meisters and weapons get slaughtered in the process. So if you think about it, it's not supposed to be regarded as fun."