Chapter 2

No one's POV

         It was Monday and at the DWMA, everybody was in their classes learning, meanwhile, Blackstar and Soul were outside at the front entrance of the school, skipping class to wait for someone. That someone happens to be Death the Kid. Kid is another new student at the DWMA and is Lord Death's son. Blackstar wanting to "surpass god" considers Kid a rival to him since he is "The God Of Death" and wants to battle against him along with Soul.

        While inside a classroom called Class Cresent Moon with the school bell tolling, the young students were being prepared for class along with their new teacher, Dr. Franken Stein. Stein had on a white lab coat with stitches and a shirt that also had stitches. He wore glasses and on his face was a stitch underneath his right eye. Also, he strangely had a big-sized screw stuck to his head. He was sitting on his chair backward, sitting and facing the class with a slightly joyed smile, "What should our lesson be today, class?" he asked his students, "I've got it! Why don't we do another dissection lab?"

     Everyone in the classroom groaned and sighed, feeling less than amused by this suggestion. A young girl by the name of Maka Albarn raised her hand. Maka was a sandy blonde girl in her early teens with pigtails. She wears a white blouse with and yellow sweater vest and a tie. On the bottoms, she wears a red plaid skirt and black boots with white buckles. Grabbing her teacher's attention with a not-so-amused expression, she informed, "Yeah, uh... Dr. Stein... If I could point something out-- ever since you became our teacher, all we've ever done is dissect animals. Everyday."

"Oh, but you see, Maka, " responded Stein, smiling even wider, "Today will be different. This time our specimen is infinitely more interesting than a mouse or frog."

      The students sat with questionable looks. What could be more interesting to dissect for vivisection? Noticing their bewildered looks, Stein answered, "Are you ready for it? Today will be poking around the insides of this little guy here." Stein gestured his hand over to a particular-looking cuckoo, to which he was referring. The cuckoo was placed in a cage and stood very nervously and sweating. Perhaps it was getting the idea of what Stein was planning to do with it. "A rare species of cuckoo, endangered I believe," explained Stein as he introduced the scared bird.

     "DISSECT AN ENDANGERED SPECIES?!" the students upsettingly exclaimed. It is known very well that one should never kill something that is rare or endangered. At least one should never need to. Raising her hand again, keeping the same expression, Maka warned, "Umm... Dr. Stein, I don't think we can dissect that. It's rare-- nearly extinct, you know?"

      Stein wickedly chuckled. He turned to the bird with his hair casting a shadow over his eyes and his glasses gleaming. "All the more reason to dissect one before the entire species dies off." Stein reasoned in a lower and rather sinister tone, which caused the frightened cuckoo to squawk in fear.

Maka couldn't help but just sit there and stared in shock at her sadistic teacher, "He's seriously crazy... He must be insane..."

        A girl, who was sitting beside Maka, sighed in sadness. Maka turned to see it was her friend, Tsubaki Nakastukasa. Tsubaki appeared to be in her late teens. She had a long black-haired ponytail. She wore a pale yellow, sleeveless outfit with a skirt end that has a slit down the side with a bright yellow star emblazoned on the right side of the chest. She also wore a dark brown scarf and a tight dark brown stocking on her right leg starting just above the knee and white boots.

     Stein noticed that something was missing from the two girls. "Tsubaki, Maka? Why don't I see Soul and Black Star up there with you? Are they planning to come to class?" Soul and Black Star happened to be the partners with Maka and Tsubaki; Soul was the weapon and partner for Maka, Black Star was Tsubaki's partner and meister.