Chapter 4

"I want you to battle against me."

Piper stood silently with her eyes widened staring at Darcelle. She was surprised and stunned at the favor that Darcelle wanted. She can hardly call "can you fight me" a favor. "You what?"

"You heard me." Darcelle said frankly as she crossed her arms, "I want you to fight me. Physically." She smirked and looked Piper ready for action. Piper stood nervously in front of Darcelle still a little stunned. Piper doesn't want to fight Darcelle. Not because she's afraid she'll lose since she has been training with her father before she got enrolled in the DWMA, but only because she became friends with Darcelle. Piper doesn't like to fight her friends.

Why does Darcelle even want to fight Piper? She does look like the type of girl that would fight people just for the fun of it, but why Piper? Did she do something to make Darcelle upset? There has to be a good reason.

"Just in case you're wondering," Darcelle spoke up, "This isn't because I'm upset with you about anything. I'm not upset at all." Piper sighed and felt relieved, "Oh, ok. Well then, why do you want to fight me?"

"You remember when I said that I found someone that I want to be partners with? Well, I want to see if I'm strong enough to be her partner. Not only that, but I also want to prove to her that I'm strong." Darcelle became serious while looking Piper, "As a weapon, I have to be strong to protect my meister. I've only been in this school for a year and I have tried to look for a meister, but it seems like everybody is taken already, except for one. So, gonna help me out or what?"

Piper is now understanding Darcelle's reason for wanting to do this, so she's guessing it'd be okay. Whether she likes fighting or not, she's still willing to help out her friend. "Well ok, if that's what you want, I guess we can spar with each other. Why me though?"

Darcelle thinks for a moment and speaks, "You were just the first person I thought of, that's all. I'm curious to see if you are as strong as your dad. Oh, and speaking of your dad, I've told your Dad about this."

"Huh!" Piper says exclaims, "You told my dad?"

"Yep. I didn't think he'd be okay with it. And besides, he's right over there." Darcelle points to the direction Stein is and Piper turns around to see him behind her. She jumps at Stein's unexpected appearance, "D-Dad!!?" He waves and smiles at Piper, "Hey sweetie."

"Are you sure this is ok? I mean, you have to watch me fight someone?"

Stein nods, "I've seen you fight well in the past Piper, but that was only when you were training with me. Now I'm wanting to see if you can be able to do this on your own with someone else." Stein sucked the smoke from the cigarette he had in his mouth and blew back out, "Can you handle it?"

Piper was silent for a moment and said, "Yeah, I think I can." She turns to Darcelle. Darcelle cracks her knuckles with a smirk on her face, "All right. Let's get this started."

*In the Hallways*

Joshua ran through the hallways trying to look the school grounds. He was wanting to know what was going on between Piper and Darcelle. Well, that's not exactly the case, he was just wanting to see if they were going to fight. Joshua was always interested in anything having to do with fighting, especially wrestling. Sometimes he would try to wrestle with Joseph whenever they're at home, but Joseph wouldn't react because unlike Joshua, he's not immature. Joseph would react if Joshua starts getting on his nerves or if he ticks him off in any way.

"Oh come," he says struggling, "Where are the school grounds at?" While he's running, his two siblings are following him. Eve calls out to him, "Joshua, wait up." Joshua hears his sister and stops running. "Oh, hey guys. So, did you change your mind?" He says while putting his hands on his hips and grins. Both Joseph and Eve were huffing and puffing after running around the school to catch up to Joshua. Joseph stops huffing and puffing, "First of all, you're going the wrong way. The school grounds are upstairs to the right." He says as he points behind him. "Second of all, let's just say we're keeping an eye on you, just to make sure you don't get into any trouble."