Chapter 7

Piper POV

         It was early in the morning, and I was a bit tired. It was mostly because of the nightmare I had last night. It wasn't about my parents this time, that's a good thing. The nightmare I had last night was a bit disturbing. Um, I rather not talk about it. Anyways, I was coming from the library holding five big books while walking through the hallways to my Dad's classroom. He needed these books for some paperwork that he was doing. To be honest, I can hardly see with the fifth book on my face, so I tried looking from the other side. A couple of seconds later, I realized that somebody was in front of me and I accidentally bumped into her. The books fell off my hands and dropped to the ground. I started to tremble a bit. The person was probably irritated that I bumped into her. I bowed and quickly apologize to her, "I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry! I was holding five books and I wasn't able to see anything. Please forgive me." I bow again.

          "It's alright. Don't worry about it." I looked up and saw that the person I bumped into was Maka. "Oh, it's you, Maka." Maka offered to help me with the books. She picked up two of them while I picked up a few myself and we walked to my father's class. As we were walking, it was pretty quiet and I felt a bit awkward. I was never the one to start a conversation, but I felt like I have to say something. Maybe I'll start with something simple. I looked over at Maka and said, "So Maka.....how is your day."

          "It was alright," Maka replied. "Oh...ok." I just looked straight ahead of me as we walked. I'm pretty sure we were almost close to the classroom. I try to keep the conversation going, "So Maka, are you and Soul doing anything later?" Maka looked over at me a bit curious. She was probably wondering why I asked her that. I chuckled at her feeling kinda awkward. On the inside, I was panicking, "What is wrong with me?!! Why did I ask her that?!! I was probably being nosy asking her that question?! Stupid, stupid!!!" Maka looked the other way, "Well, later on, Soul and I are going to complete a mission." I gave Maka a questionable look, "A mission? Where to?"

         "In Italy. Lord Death assigned us to defeat a bloodthirsty killer named Sonson-J." Sonson...J? I never heard of anybody with a name like that. "I never heard of him," I said to Maka. "He's the Serial Killer of the Emerald Lake. He's called that because he would kill everybody that goes there." Emerald Lake. My dad told me about that before. It's a lake in British Columbia. I saw a picture of the lake and it looked kinda relaxing. Maka continues to speak, "So far, he's killed over 20 people already, and until he gets assassinated, I'm pretty sure he's not going to stop." she said sternly. Maka and I are close to the classroom that my Dad is in. I gave a sad look. Are people that cruel enough to want to kill the innocent. It's like they have no heart whatsoever. We walked inside the classroom and notice Dad looking at a book as he writes down something on his desk. I wonder what he's working on.

"I have the books you asked for Dad," I said as we put the books on the desk. "Thanks, Piper." he replied, "Now you and Darcelle get ready for class, okay," I replied by nodding at him. I turned to Maka and smile at her, "Thank you for helping me with the books Maka. That was kind of you." Maka gave me a cheerful smile, "No problem." She looks over at Soul who was standing next to Darcy. It looks like the two of them were talking about something. "Hey Soul, are you ready." Soul smirked at Maka like he was pumped for their mission, "You know it!" Soul notices me and waved as he smiled. I quickly looked away from him and blushed, but I still waved at him because I didn't wanna be rude. I'm still not really used to interacting with Soul, especially when I have feelings for him. Just now I heard Darcy chuckled a bit after I looked away. "I wish you guys good luck, don't get killed," Darcy said as she patted Soul on the back a bit hard. Maka and Soul walked out of the classroom to get ready for their mission. I stare at Soul as he walked out of the room. My face was stoic, but I was still blushing.