Chapter 9

It was an early sunny morning at the DWMA. Outside at the entrance was where Black Star and Tsubaki were about to leave along with Darcelle, who was seeing them out. Black Star wanted to be with Darcy a little while before he and his Tsubaki left. "So Darcy, are you gonna wish me luck on our mission?" He boldly asked with a grin as he held Darcelle's hand.

"Well, yeah," She responded with an affectionate smile, "When have I ever not wished you luck." Darcelle lightly pecked Black Star on the cheek, "The two of you had better be careful, though, " she suggested sternly, "I'm pretty sure you know what you're up against, right?"

Tsubaki gives her friend a reassuring smile and warmly replied, "Don't worry Darcy. I'm pretty sure we'll get through it just fine." Black Star walked closer to his girlfriend and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him, "She's right, babe. Since when have I ever failed any of my missions?"

"I'd say several or more times counting your curricular lessons and the time where you couldn't catch a witch's soul," Darcelle accurately responded in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Hey! I had a good reason for that." retaliated Black Star. Darcelle affectionately smiled at Black Star and hugged him, "But, I'm confident that you'll knock this mission out of the park, no problem. After all, my man is the big man!" Black Star was secretly flustered and lovestruck when Darcelle gave him a hug. His face said it all. Black Star immediately snapped out of it when Darcelle let go of him but kept hold of his hand.

"You know it! Don't worry, Darcy. Once I come back, you're gonna love your shooting star a lot more than ever, because I'm gonna become stronger!" Black Star boasted as he pointed at himself. Darcelle chuckled and leaned in closer to Black Star's face, "You dork! It's a little late for that. I love you too much already." After saying that, she gripped Black Star's cheeks with one hand and pecked him on his lips. Black Star blushed and felt lovestruck again, only this time he tried to avoid it, not wanting to embarrass himself. "Alright, Tsubaki, let's go!" demanded Black Star as he walked away as Tsubaki followed, nodding in response.

As they walked far enough from Darcelle, she called out her final words to them, "You two better not die, or else I'll kill you!"

Tsubaki shouted back to her, "We won't! We promise!" With that being said, the two were off until they weren't seen.

Later on in the afternoon, everybody was in their classrooms minding their business. In the class crescent moon, the class was canceled because Stein had some "business" to take care of. Which led everyone to goof off and chat with one another. Maka was sitting in her seat beside Soul who had his hands behind his head relaxing. "Huh, I wonder what Professor Stein is up to, canceling class like this," said Maka, curious to know what her science teacher is doing. "Do you think he's skipping so that he can dissect something?"

"There's no telling about that guy, but don't worry. Today is gonna be cool, especially without Captain Spazz." Soul said as he grinned. Maka figured who Soul was referring to when he said Captain Spazz. "I'm guessing you mean Black Star." She guessed it. Maka realized that Black Star's weapon wasn't around as well, "Hey, Tsubaki isn't here either."

"Oh Maka, haven't you heard?" asked a student who was sitting beside Maka, hearing her mentioning Tsubaki. Maka turns her head towards her, "Heard what?"

"It's all over the school. Someone overheard the teachers talking in the faculty earlier. Apparently, Black Star and Tsubaki went off to catch the soul of the enchanted sword, Masamune." Maka stands from her seat, surprised to hear what her classmate had mentioned, "The Enchanted sword?"

The Enchanted Sword happens to be a demon weapon. It was passed down to a member of a clan, Masamune Nakatsukasa, who inherited this transformation from his ancestors. Maka seems to have heard of this enchanted sword. "I hope they're okay." says the student, concerned for Black Star and Tsubaki. Maka, who is also concerned for her two friends, had a stern look on her face. One of the other students continue to talk about the subject, "It's going to be tough. They say the soul is on the verge of becoming a kishin." Maka turns her head to Soul with more regard. She's probably going to have to ask Lord Death some serious questions.