Chapter 8

"No one's POV"

       It was a pretty normal school day in the academy. All the students were minding their business and doing their own thing before the next class started. Meanwhile, inside the library, Black Star and Sid walked inside. Black Star had his hands on his hips, "Welp, I'm here. What am I suppose to do now?" he asked with a bored expression.

     "Clean," Sid said bluntly. "Put the library back in order." Black Star looked at him skeptically and sassed him, "Huh? No way, not me." Black Star was basically in detention for not collecting a soul on the curricular lesson he had with Tsubaki. Because of this, Sid put him on punishment.

"Listen, you brat! On your last extracurricular lesson, you didn't collect a single soul." Sid said, already irritated with Black Star's attitude.

       "Yeah well, that's what remedial lessons are for, right? I should know. I've done enough of 'em lately." Black Star replied with no care, "What good would stacking books do me? Cleaning!? No way, I'm too big for that. Stars don't clean. Isn't there anything better for me to do, like when we beat up you and the crazy professor?"

       Sid put his hands on his hips and leaned his face a little closer to Black Star, showing how serious he was, "Listen up for once Black Star. You have more raw power than almost anyone else in you're class. And yet, you have nothing to show for it," he criticized, "It isn't fair to Tsubaki. She's trying hard and you're holding her back." Black Star glared at the zombie in annoyance. "Right now, what you need is punishment. Something tedious and boring to get you back on track."

       "This is a huge mess!" Black Star complained, "Aren't you at least gonna help me?" Sid waved his hand in refusal, "That would defeat the purpose. I don't spoil my students. That's not the kind of man I was." Sid stepped out of the library and closed the door.

Black Star scoffed, "Great, what am I gonna do now?"

10 minutes later

        "HAHAHAHAHA!" Black Star laughed hysterically while looking at a comic book, which startled Eve a bit as she was still looking for the perfect book to read. "Charisma Justice is awesome! He's almost the biggest star as I am." Black Star beamed, referring to the character in the comic book. Eve scoffed and went back to looking for a book. "I never knew they had comic books in the library. This is the type of remedial lesson I can live with." It is like Black Star to slack off on chores. Kid heard Black Star laughing out loud and walked up to him.

      "Hey, keep it down, would you? You're in a library," he told Black Star. Black Star apologized sheepishly, "Yeah, sorry." Eve heard Kid's voice and glanced at him. She seemed to always be perked up whenever Kid was around since she liked being around him.

      "What are you doing here Kid?" Black Star asked Kid, "Are you being punished too?" Kid stared up at him stoically, "No, I'm here to check out a book. I'm conducting some research on the symmetry of famous weapons." He noticed the book Black Star was sitting on, "I'd actually like to check out the one that's under your butt if you don't mind moving for a second."

      "Oh, right here?" Black Star pulled the book from under his rear end and handed it to Kid. "What does the cover say?" Black Star stared at the name in the book, "Excalibur" and tried to pronounce it. "E-ex-cal-ee-bur."

"Almost, Excalibur." Kid corrected Black Star. "Yeah what's that?" he asked.

        After hearing Kid say that name, Eve hurried over to the boys with a thrilling look and her hands clasped, "The Excalibur? The Holy Sword?" Black Star greeted Eve, "Oh hey Eve. Are you on punishment?" Eve reacted to Blackstar's question surprised and in disbelief, knowing that an obedient girl like her would never get in detention or punishment, "What? No, of course not."