Chapter Seventeen

*Hello! So this is the soul mate joining! I was thinking about posting it tomorrow but I'm just so excited for this one because I always put my emotions into my writing but this one I REALLY put them in. this is NOT the end of the story. The next chapter will be posted in a few days :) Please really comment on this one because I love reading comments and I love this chapter soooo much!

I picked the song I used in the chapter because the song means a lot to me. It was my first slow dance so I hope you enjoy, I put a link for it in the side. Thank you!*

“Wake up Violet!” mum yelled, pulling blankets off of me. I opened my eyes to see little bits of sunlight, shining their way into my room. The Doctor was no longer next to me. I rolled over, looking at mum through sleepy eyes. “Where’s the Doctor?” I asked, sleep taking over my voice.

“He’s with your father. He’s not allowed to see you until the joining,” she said, smiling. I frowned hearing this. I needed to talk to him after thinking about yesterday. I wanted to make sure he actually wanted to do this. We didn’t have to.

“I need to talk to him,” I said, pushing myself up into a sitting position. “No,” she said simply, pulling me off my bed and into the bathroom. “You can’t see him until tonight. It’s tradition,” she said, getting two towels. “But mum, this isn’t a traditional wedding,” I said, looking at myself in the mirror.

This was too early to be up. My hair was messed up and my eyes still mostly closed with sleep. “Just go along with it Violet,” she said, handing me the towels. “After your shower, come into my room. We’ll get you ready,” she said, as I took the towels. “Ok, I’ll meet you there in about 15 minutes,” I said, placing the towels next to the shower. “That will give me a chance to check on your grandma and sister in the kitchen,” she said, walking to the door. “How many people are here?” I asked. “Oh just a few aunts, uncles, cousins,” she said, shutting the door.

I growled to myself. I didn’t want that many people here. I just wanted it to be the Doctor and I and close family. I had to talk to him.

I quickly took a shower, taking the time from a normal fifteen minute shower to about a five minute shower. I quickly dried my hair and wrapped myself in a towel. I had to think where the Doctor and dad would be. I quickly and quietly checked my room and saw them standing there talking. I smiled walking in.

Dad quickly saw me and turned away as soon as he saw me in a towel. I quietly laughed. The Doctor turned around quickly and saw me. His face twisted into a smile. “Dad, could you give us a minute to talk?” I asked. “Sure, I’ll just go find your mother,” he said. “No, tell mum I’m here and I’ll hurt you. She doesn’t know I’m here,” I said. Dad chuckled, “She wants it to be a tradition wedding?” he asked. “Yep,” I said, quickly closing the door. “Then I’ll go in the closet,” he said, walking into the closet and closing the door.

The Doctor and I laughed. The Doctor looked me up and down. He was still wearing his white button up shirt, black pants and his red bow tie. “What is it Violet?” he asked. “Are you sure you want to do this?” I asked, looking into his beautiful green eyes. “Why wouldn’t I want to do this?” he asked, smiling at me. “It’s just that you’ve already had a wedding, you’re married, and you seemed upset after talking to River,” I said, not mention the fact that I was really nervous about the ton of people who were going to be here.

The Doctor took me in his arms, “You’re an amazing woman, Violet. But I do want to do this. River and I didn’t have an wedding. We had something different and it’s complicated. But Violet, I want this. I love you,” he said, smiling. “I love you too,” I said, smiling back at him.