3

Kelly

A couple of days passed and my eye, plus other bruises cleared up kinda.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth before looking in the mirror. The bruise on my nose was still there. "Shit" I mumbled.

Nick came in the bathroom."mama not here...she usually always here in the morning on Thursday"

I shrugged and took my scarf off."I don't care". I was still a little salty about her beating me up.

"Your still mad at her?" He asked putting some curl activation in his hair."hell yeah" I said looking at him with a mug."if she punched yo ass in your face you would forgive her in a couple of days? Especially if she didn't apologize"

"Well..Kelly you did have s-" he started but I cut him off.

"Don't. Nickolas you know why I did that shit. If it wasn't for me fucking him we'd be on the fucking streets!" I shoved him out the way and stormed to my room.

I picked up my bookbag and sat on the bed. "1...2...3..." I counted trying to calm down.My Dad taught me to count when I got heated, for I wouldn't do anything I would regret."4..5..6-"

"Nykell! Get your ass up. You about to make nick late to school cause yo fast ass wanna sit around" my mom slurred. I looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed."you drunk at 8 in the morning?"

"Does it matter? Now go 'head, the bus leaving at 8:35". I looked at my phone to see the time was 8:30."Damn"

I got up and ran downstairs."Nick c'mon! We got 5 minutes".

Nick caught up with me as we ran to the bus stop. We didn't have one by the projects because they shut it down. We was too "ghetto" and fights would always break out. Some ending with people getting stabbed, tased, and every worse murder.

So everyday we had to run all the way to the boombooms, just to get to school. "Just in time" nick said out of breath as I swiped our bus cards.

"Thank god"' We took a seat and I popped my headphones in.

Hopefully today would be a decent day.

———————

"Damn Kelly you always late" Courtney said walking up to my locker."I know, I had to take nick to school though" I said grabbing me algebra books.

I closed my walker as me and Courtney began walking side by side."I missed you so much bestfriend, why haven't you been to school this whole week? So much drama popped off girl" she said shaking her head.

I shook my head not wanting to go much into why I wasn't at school."I'll tell you some other time, what's been happening though?" I asked.

"First. I tried calling you a thousand times. Kendra and her pups was talking hella shit about you. They was saying how you not a virgin and be fucking for money. So I'm like oh hell no y'all got my best fucked up.I was about to fight Kendra but you know that bitch can't fight so her friends tried to hop in" she ranted. I stopped walking and looked at Courtney with a straight face."they tried to jump you?"

"Is that the only thing you heard?" She asked."don't sweat it Kelly. Those hoes weak. I didn't get touched". I ignored her as I seen Kendra talking to a boy. My blood instantly began to boil."hold my books"

Courtney grabbed my books."Kelly?" She said before I walked up to Kendra.

"Sooo..where yo' friends at? I heard y'all was talking shit and tried to jump my bestfriend" I said as I tied my braids in a back ponytail.

Kendra looked at me and sighed."girl bye. It's to early for you to be trying to check m-"

I cut her off by punching her in her face. She fell to the floor holding her face as I grabbed her hair to force her to look at me.