10

Kelly

When I noticed Marcus walk through the door I was shocked. This man could come bowling to have fun but ignore my bestfriend.

I wish Courtney was here.

I pulled out my phone to call Courtney and let her know. I pressed her name , the phone rung and rung until I pressed the red button.

She was probably sleep.

"Damn Courtney" I said as I put my phone back into my pocket. "What you want your name to be set up as Kelly?" Warren asked.

"Just put Kelly" I said taking off my bomber jacket.

Marcus and prince approached the table. "What's good" Marcus and warren gave each other daps. He looked at me and his eyebrows raised.

""Mhm" I said looking him up and down. If Courtney don't respond to me by the end of this event I'll take things into my own hands.

I'm tired of seeing my bestfriend stressed.

———————
Courtney

I laid in the hospital bed staring at the white wall. I felt empty, hurt , embarrassed, and ashamed.

"It's so plain in here, they need to add some color or something" my mom said before clearing her throat.

I closed my eyes, letting the tears that were building up come out. I silently cried not wanting my mom to hear.

What did I do wrong? What did I do to deserve this. I never once doubted having my baby. I never once wanted to get rid of my baby. So why did this have to happen to me?

The doctor came into the room causing my eyes to shoot open. I looked at her, she had a smile on my face which instantly pissed me off.

"Hello Courtney and Mom" she said walking closer my bed. "So, ill start off by saying I'm sorry for your loss, and I know you would've been a great mom."

I didn't smile, nor respond. I was on mute.

"Ok. Let's talk about why this miscarriage happened. The cause of your miscarriage is weakness of your cervix. This is normally called incompetent cervix, this is when you cannot hold a baby."

I quickly looked at her. "So I can never have a baby?"

"Well, incompetent cervix usually leads to premature delivery and in the case miscarriage"

"So is there any way we can treat this? Or is this untreatable?" My Mom asked shuffling in her seat. I looked over to her then looked back to the doctor.

"Since Courtney's pregnancy wasn't brought to us for we could spot weak cervix during the pregnancy we couldn't do a cerclage. That's when we would perform a procedure which sews the cervix closed to reinforce the weakness of it, that's the only thing we'd do to prevent the premature birth or lost of a baby"

I bit my lip."how far along was I?"

"You were about one month" she smiled to me.

"Thank you doctor, is that all we need to know? Or are we ready to head out" my mom asked.

"That's all I needed to inform you guys on today unless you've got anymore questions for me. But Courtney will need to stay for another day or so for we can run test on her for any infections"

The doctor stayed a few more minutes talking to us , then she left.

The room was silent. I began biting on my nails  

"When were you going to tell me Courtney?" My Mom came out of the blue and said.

"I-I don't know" I quietly said.