12

Kelly

"Damn grandma answer the phone" I complained sitting on the porch. It was at least 70 degrees out and the son was shining.

I wore a regular peach shirt with shorts and brown Sandals. Today was Sundayand the day I was supposed to get my tattoo.

Yesterday night prince ended up staying for a couple of hours then leaving. We just talked about stuff until I got tired.

I looked over and waved to Pete. "Hey Mr.Pete , how you doing? The weather nice today ain't it"

He waved back. "Hey princess, I'm doing good and yes the weather is beautiful today."

I smiled and stood up, walking back into the apartment. I pressed my grandma contact name again hoping for an answer.

She was been supposed to come get me like 30 minutes ago. I was getting a little worried.

Nick had went to his friend friend house and was spending the night, and my mom was still M.I.A so it was just me here.

Her voicemail answered again causing me to huff and throw my phone onto the couch. I went to the closet and grabbed my wallet.

I was about to catch the bus to her house. Thank god for metro cards.

As I began putting on a PINK jacket Courtney gave me I heard the screen door opening. "Nick?" I said walking to the entrance.

I rolled my eyes when I seen it was Ronald. "Can you please knock next time? My mom not here though and I'm about to leave. So you can go"

He chuckled."little girl I payed this months bills, I don't have to go anywhere"

I bit on my lip to keep from lashing on this man. I was doing good at containing my anger lately.

I found that out when I stopped myself from beating Marcus ass.

"Yeah ok" I grabbed my phone and made my way outside. I was stopped as Ronald grabbed my arm. "Nigga get the fuck off of me" I said without processing my words. I already don't like this man so him touching me ticked me off.

He pulled me closer and said with gritted teeth."watch who the fuck you talking to, I can and will hurt you."

I snatched my arm away from his hold. "I will beat your ass quit playing with me"

I walked out of the house and angrily walked to the bus stop. This hit ass weather was pissing me off even more.

Today was already not my day.

————

I walked up to my grandmas front door and knocked twice before stepping back and waiting for her to open the door. Her car was in the driveway so she must've been home.

"Really?" I said to myself looking around. I decided to walk to the back where her slide doors was to look through  and see if she was knocked out on the couch or something.

As I approached the slide doors I screamed."Oh my god!" 

My grandma was laid out in the kitchen floor. I was about to punch the glass door to unlock the handle but I stopped my self and picked up a rock to do that job instead.

I carefully slid my arm tree the spot I threw the rock and unlocked the door , quickly sliding it open and running over to her. "Oh nooo"

I shook her hopping for a response."wake up grandma , it's me Nykell". I felt my eyes get teary.

Even though me and my grandma didn't have a good bond and she wasn't the best grandma I felt awful. I was starting to feel like if I would've answered her call yesterday I could've prevented this.