5

Kelly

"Yeah, he surprised me with this" Courtney said showing me her necklace as we sat in the lunchroom.

It was now lunch, which means one more class and I'm out of here. I was happy to come back to school after my 14 day suspension, but now I'm realizing school is highkey dreadful.

"Damn" I whispered looking at her diamond necklace."he got my bitch iced up" I exclaimed.

We both shared a laugh before warren plopped down next to Courtney.

After seeing warren talk to prince that one day I started noticing him in class. So that's how I learned his name.

"What you want warren" Courtney said rolling her eyes. He smiled showing his dimples."Courtney? Why you be curving a nigga? Give a youngin' a chance" he said grabbing her hand.

She snatched her hand away."I have a nigga. No thanks"

I chuckled while watching the scene. I support Marcus and Courtney but while looking at these two argue I noticed they'd be kinda cute together.

I shook my head."I'm about to go get some hot Cheetos...y'all what something?" I asked.

"Yeah let me get s-" warren began to say until Courtney interrupted."aht aht" She said putting her hand up to him."bestie don't get this nigga nothing. Can you get me a snickers"

"Girl" I said before laughing. I walked away hearing Warren suck his teeth and tell Courtney."You he acting so corny courtney"

When I came up to the vending machine I instantly lost the thought of getting hot Cheetos when I seen some ruffles.

"Ugh" I sighed not knowing what I want. I felt somebody tap me on the shoulder causing me to tense up. I turned around and relaxed when I seen it was just Prince.

"Hey" I said turning back around, pressing the number to the snickers for Courtney."wassup, you been ignoring the hell out of me" he said playing with my crochet Senegalese twist.

I ended up taking my hair out and getting it done by this girl named shalonda who live in the same projects as me. 

I've been going to her for a long time and every time I went she slayed the hell out of me.

"Watch out" I said grabbing the snickers and turning around."and my bad a lots been going on" I finished.

I tried walking past him but failed as he grabbed my arm."whats been going on?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and snatched away."don't touch me, and mind yo' business"

He put his hands up in surrender and backed away a little."my bad, my bad, you right" he smirked while looking me up and down, then licked his lips.

I had on high waisted black jeans with rips on the knees,a plain white shirt, block bomber jacket, and all white Air Forces.

"Damn" He said lowly, but I still heard him. I sucked my teeth and walked past him like I intended to do the first time.

I sat back down at the table and handed Courtney her snickers."you didn't get nothing?" She asked taking the chocolate.

"Nah" I said grabbing my bookbag and pulling out my notebook. I looked at the clock on my phone seeing we had about 20 more minutes left of lunch left. I was going to take advantage of these 20 minutes and draw.

Drawing was something I had a passion for. I started drawing when I was 10, my dad was a artist as well. He drew real good and when he showed me a painting he did of my mother I instantly had a heart for drawing.