〆one

"This just won't do, Maya. I can't approve this."

"But sir, I met all the requirements to the project. Can't you just—"

"No, I obviously stated that it had to be a socially related project. Assuming is not a survey. Take this back, the deadline is two weeks from now so you still have time." The man said as he grabbed his sling back and left the classroom.

Maya stared at his leaving back and watched as he slide the door shut, leaving her alone in the room. She wanted to cry, she worked hard for the project but he wouldn't even look at it. The moment he saw the objectives, he rejected it without giving her a chance to further explain.

The girl picked up the booklet and wiped the tears from her eyes as she left the classroom. As soon as she stepped outside, she caught sights of some students whom still had not left. Immediately, she wiped her tears away and tried to regain her posture as she walked down the hallway.

「 ➳ 」

"I knew this was going to happen, are you okay?" She heard her friend over the phone. Maya nodded her head despite having the need to cry again. "Yeah, I just didn't think he'd reject it right away." Maya sniffed.

After a long pause, her friend finally said. "Why don't you come to the party tonight? Afterall, it is a social gathering, so maybe you'll get something from there?" She suggested. Maya was silent for a while, she hated parties. She disliked how drunk the students would be and they just talked the purest bullshit of all.

A sigh was heard, "I'll give it a try, I guess?" Maya said. She knew it was going to be torture for her but she needed to pass her class, so maybe it won't hurt to join.

「 ➳ 」

Lights dimmed, music booming, students wilding everywhere. Maya rolled her eyes at the sight, she regretted coming the moment she stepped inside the house. Her friend, Yen, was trying her best to hype her up but it wasn't working as she was obviously disturbed with the atmosphere.

"It's fine, you go have fun. I'm just gonna be in the living room." Maya shooed her away as she headed inside towards the living room. She took a seat on one of the sofas as she eyed some boys and girls on an early stage of making out.

She thought one more second she had to watch, she would vomit but luckily that didn't happen. Maya glanced at her phone screen, it read 12:30 AM. She should be asleep. This wasn't helping her at all, she couldn't come up with any new ideas at all.

"Stop sighing, it's tiring."

Her eyebrows creased, irritated at whoever was trying to talk to her. She turned to her right to meet eyes with unfamiliar ones. Maya looked again and noticed it was a male her age, one everyone knew so well. However, he looked a little pissed, probably from the drinks he had.

"I'd do it again if I want to." She shrugged her shoulders and looked away from his direction. This time, she could hear him sighing. Maya scoffed, taking it as a mockery. "What are you sighing about?" She asked, annoyed a little at his presence.

"Something way worth than yours." He casually answered with a tipsy voice. "Oh, like what? Who would I date next?" Maya glared at him right in the eyes but he obviously didn't care and smirked instead. Despite being drunk, he managed to act like an asshole all the way.