〆twenty two

Though Yuta made her promise to not cry again, Hera had to lie to him. As soon as she entered her house, she could feet the tears welling up as soon as she saw her brother. She had mix feelings for him, she wanted to be angry for hiding such a cruel thing from her and even get caught in a ridiculous fight but at the same time she wanted to thank him for protecting her.

Jungwoo had his arms opened for her and Hera didn't hesitate to run into it. She couldn't hold back the tears once again as she let them roll down her cheeks. Luckily, their parents weren't home yet. At least, they wouldn't have to witness a mess they were caught up in.

"I'm sorry." Was the only thing that Jungwoo could think of. Hera wiped her tears and looked at him, "You could've came up with something better than exposing them like that." She replied. "I can't help it, I couldn't stand the anger every time I look at either of their faces." He said.

It was true, he had never felt so angry at someone. His whole day was ruined at the sight of both Maya and Yukhei as he was furious with what they had done. "Well, didn't you consider how I would feel?" Hera raised her voice, almost lashing her anger out on him. However, she was quick to stay quiet afterwards.

"I had a feeling you'd do the same." Jungwoo was taken aback and wasn't going to back down from his temper too. "You had a feeling?" She scoffed. "I don't even know where to hide anymore, I feel like a fool thanks to you!" She argued.

"Sorry." She said. One thing the twins had in common, they tend to act before they can think when they were angry. "No, you're right. I should've told you first." Her brother sighed, he created a mess despite being the students' representative. He was supposed to show them a good example, instead he portrayed what could be the worst.

Hera looked away for a while before sighing as well. "We're gonna have a crowd surrounding us tomorrow. I just wish I can end my ties with him without having others to look at us." She said, the idea of having all the attention on her was not what she wanted. "Since he planned to embarrass you anyway, why don't we do the same to him?" Jungwoo said and raised both of his arms in defence instead.

"Revenge isn't everything, Jungwoo." Hera pushed his thoughts away. "Well, I can't help it. He just added another reason for me to hate him." He said which caused his twin to roll her eyes.

"I think you've lashed all your anger on him alright." Hera stated, glaring at him. Jungwoo could instantly tell she was talking about the fight he and Yukhei had out of school. "Hey, all I managed to do was land a single punch on his face then Doyoung stepped in." He replied, obviously meant he wanted to do more.

At this point, Hera was annoyed. She didn't know why but the thought of the two punching one another because of her wasn't what she wanted. "Didn't that brain of yours tell you that you might get the title prez off of you, or worse, expelled?!" Again, the two was quarrelling. Although Hera appreciated the affection he showed for her, she was irritated the fact he didn't care for himself first.

Hera wasn't going to discuss this with him as all he wanted was to humiliate Yukhei. She pushed him away and walked up the stairs to her room instead.

As soon as Hera stepped into her room, she felt a sudden gush of sorrow electrifying her system. Most of the things decorating her room were from Yukhei.

It was a sad fact, her room used to be plain and simple. It was in a way she really liked it to be but then Yukhei came into her life and he decorated her surroundings unconsciously. All the gifts Yukhei ever gave her was never used, probably because she felt as if they were too precious to be used so she decided to display them in her room instead.

From teddy bears, to clothes and even accessories and some times weird things that he found cute for her. All of it, Hera never used them. She simply displayed them nicely in her room instead. However, now. Looking at them made her sick. Just imagining how reluctant he was to spend money on her must've been awful.

The fact he had to pretend he actually wanted her to have any of it was even worse. What pained her even more was that she was actually touched by each and every one of his play, he made her believe that he was actually changing. Oh, Yukhei did change. He became much more of a jerk than she could imagine.

Still, Hera couldn't believe such a cruel joke was played on her. And it was hard to believe that someone who sat behind her for the past two years held a grudge against her for unknown reasons! What a drama her life had been, if only she payed attention.

She took the teddy bear which Yukhei won for her and she named it Xuxi because of how adorable it was. Both the name and the teddy bear. The first ever gift he got for her, if only she knew back then.

Ding!

Hera glanced at the message she received, she read the name and put it away. It was only then she realised she had 13 missed calls and almost 20 messages from Yukhei. The girl laughed bitterly, why was he still putting on a show even after being beaten up?

She sat on her bed and ended up switching off her phone as she couldn't stand reading the previews from Yukhei's messages nor can she stand the ringtone of her phone coming from the same caller ID. Just then, her hand involuntarily went to her chest, specifically touching the necklace he gave her.

She wasn't trying to be weak but Hera herself didn't know she'd cry this easily. Just recalling the part where he teasingly called her 'mi amor' made her want to scream. What was even more sickening was how he made her heart stopped and her stomach twist in delight when he put on the necklace for her and bluntly asked if he could kiss her.

Hera chuckled bitterly once again, it was a good thing Jungwoo stopped them. She wouldn't want to waste her first kiss with a liar like him. She rather die without having her first kiss than sharing one with someone like him.

After all he did to her, after lashing her anger on everything he ever said to her, still a small part of Hera wanted to see him again. She wanted to hold on to a person that never existed. It was stupid, but she kept it to herself. She had never imagined her love life would be this pathetic.

Taking a deep breath, she stood from her bed and took paper bags large enough to keep all the things he ever gave her. She needed to erase him from her life and she wanted it to be done quick.

「 ➳ 」
🐾tbh your comments made my day :)