〆twenty seven

"He needs to learn when to give up." He scoffed as he slung an arm around her. Hera chuckled. She can't believe how easily jealous he could get, even at such small things.

Some might take it as clingy, but Hera find it cute because luckily, he knew how to control his jealousy. He was like a child of course whenever Hera darted her attention on someone else. Always scared that she might try to leave him.

"You were the one who told me boys don't give up easily. I guess you have to step your game up." Hera grinned, teasing him. "How many years had it been? Four? Damn, Taeyong just can't move on can he?" The tall male almost rolled his eyes every time he recalled Taeyong trying to court her whenever they met at any football match.

"At least I can see his efforts." Hera murmured, only she didn't realised the male heard her. "Does that count?" The male planted a kiss on her cheek and grinned when she reacted.

"Yukhei!" She hit him hard on the abdomen as she placed another hand on her cheek. "You just won't give up, do you?" She almost chuckled at how he gets competitive at small things. "I wouldn't want to lose to that guy." Yukhei made a face, as if his pride mattered the most. Hera wanted to tease him again. She wanted to tell him that she hoped he had the same passion for studying.

Of course, Yukhei was very competitive but sometimes it felt that was only legitimate for when it comes to jealousy. She wanted to tell him to not give up on anything he wanted but she decided not to say anything. However, as if Yukhei had read her mind, he spoke out the unspoken words.

"Yes, I won't give up to graduate either." The male jokingly rolled his eyes. Hera always told him that he was improving, she kept motivating him in order for him to enjoy studying as it was their last year. She wanted Yukhei to graduate as well. "And I certainly won't give up to have you!" He beamed.

"I promise."

Again, Hera would roll her eyes every time he said that. She would always take it as a joke as Yukhei was a really playful guy. She didn't know he actually meant it when he said that. Hera was so clueless of the agenda he had back then. How foolish of her to even laugh around him.

「 ➳ 」

"Hera, I love you—"

"Don't." Hera was choking with her words. She was going to cry again, but she had to hold it back. She didn't want Yukhei to see how weak he made her. "Don't say it, if you don't mean it." She sprang from her bed and walked a distance between them.

The girl found herself staring at the the polaroid she meant to burn, but was now back at where she displayed it. Her heart was aching, she didn't know if Yukhei could be trusted anymore. She wasn't willing to risk being lied to again. It might seemed exaggerated but Hera never agreed to fall in love in the first place. This was the reason why she was so cautious around guys.

"I've said it to you before and I'll say it again. I love you. I can't force you to believe me, but I won't lie anymore. Not to you, not to anyone, not even to myself." Yukhei stood up as well and approached her slowly, cautious not to cross the invisible line between them.

"Remember when you told me you personally believe people refuse to change?" Yukhei asked, his voice was soft, he was begging for her to listen to him— to look at him. "Well, I've changed Hera. You said the only reason people would change if they were strongly influenced by something." Yukhei paused for a while.

"You changed me." He said and at this point Hera wanted him to stop. "I realised I wanted to impress you so much and I tried removing the bad things that used to be a part of me, all so I can have you." He continued. "Please, just trust me. Like how you believed that I'd catch you when you jumped off that balcony. Give me a chance Hera, I want you more than anything else."