〆twenty nine

"Ah, it's finally the day."

Hera sighed to herself as she put on her earrings. It was her finishing touch. She took one last look at her face in the mirror. Her makeup was moderate, not too much, not too little. Her hair was behaving just the way she styled it, the typical prom hair where she curled it slightly at the tip of it.

The girl stood up, to check her dress this time. She had a hard time picking it out with Koeun. Hera wasn't confident enough to wear it, or at least she said she loved it too much to wear it. The dress was simple, yet so attracting to her. It somehow reminded her of Disney dresses.

It was an off-the-shoulder type of dress, which hung below her knee. The sleeves were diaphanous, which made her arms visible. The pale blue cloth spread throughout, covering her body with pink lace sewn on top of it, decorated by bits of flowers and birds on it. For a second, Hera felt like a Disney princess herself, but just for a second.

The knock on her door was the cue for her to leave as she was getting too long to get ready. She grabbed her phone as she put on her shoes and walked out of her room to see Jungwoo, dressed up in his suit which was dark blue in colour.

"Ugh, stop copying my colour code." He was the first to say before she could. "I bought this dress weeks ago—" "I got ready first." Jungwoo stuck his tongue out and walked down the stairs followed by Hera. Every time they had a school dance, Jungwoo and her would always ended up wearing similar colour even if they never planned to. Everyone else agreed it was a twin thing.

As she walked down the stairs, she could hear Yuta and her mother talking to one another. Nervousness started kicking in as she knew her mother would automatically overreact on how beautiful she was. Jungwoo purposely coughed to capture the adults' attention as well as Hera's partner for tonight.

"Woah." Was what came out of Yuta's mouth as soon as he looked at her standing there. Of course, Hera's mum was busy taking pictures of her instead. "You are so gorgeous! Oh dear, let's take a picture." The woman exclaimed and started shoving Hera and her brother together, with Yuta for pictures she took too many.

"Mrs. Kim, let me take a picture of your family." The male said and took the camera from her as the four posed for a picture. Hera then looked at her father and raised her eyebrows. Her dad wasn't much of a talker, but it had been a habit for her to ask his opinion.

"You look beautiful, like always." The man said and Hera hugged him briefly before the three exited the house. "Where's your suit?" Hera asked as Yuta started the engine. Jungwoo was busy with his phone at the backseat.

"This is my suit." Yuta casually replied. "I can't believe this, I knew it! You didn't want to go—" Hera was about to send him into another lectures of hers but Yuta was quick enough to stop it from happening. "The boys and I agreed to wear this okay? It's for the team spirit." He flashed an innocent smile at her instead.

He was wearing a very casual outfit. Black jeans, the team's blue varsity and a white t-shirt underneath. However, Yuta looked stunning as always. "Besides, we're matching." He glanced at her  and pointed out the blue colour of her dress to his jacket. Hera rolled her eyes slightly.

As they arrived at school, the building was decorated with blue banners, balloons and their mascots. It was far more livelier than when Hera came at first in the morning. Everyone was just so excited as their school won the game two nights before. Unfortunately, Hera wasn't in the mood to celebrate it before, but she was happy now.

Jungwoo thanked Yuta for the drive before excusing himself to deal with the event. Some students were shouting as they saw Yuta, a form of greeting between the guys. All students were just excited over the celebration. Of course, Hera was happy when they won. She was there as a cheerleader but still, the excitement wasn't much at that time. A part of her regretted for being moody on that day.