〆twelve

Snap.

His eyelids lifted, his eyes opened. He stared boringly at the male in front of him. Before he could even close his eyes again, the male shook him by the shoulders.

"I swear to God, he's dead as ever."

Jaehyun had his arms crossed and rolled his eyes at Yukhei. They had been trying to talk to him the whole day but the guy seemed to caught in his own head. He wouldn't tell them what was bothering him so much. "Yukhei, what the hell—"

"I'm doomed." At his very short answer, the two boys in front of him became silent. Johnny who was seated beside him in class rolled his eyes and put down his pen. "Apparently, Hera wouldn't be tutoring him anymore since she can't skip cheerleading and Yukhei has to get his ass present at practice as well." Johnny spoke as Ten and Jaehyun nodded their head in unison.

"That's not so bad, you can still see her at the fi—"

"And apparently she said so after she walked into this classroom and caught Yukhei and Minseo, smooching." As soon as Johnny finished saying that, Ten slapped a hand over his mouth quickly to hold back the urge to laugh. Jaehyun was clearing his throat, trying to do the same as his deskmate.

Yukhei snapped his neck and turned to face Johnny very quickly. He gave a glare as his friend casually shrugged his shoulders as if he did nothing wrong. "Cheer up, bro. At least your next fling is very much hotter than your previous ones." Ten sarcastically gave him a pat on the shoulder.

The male then buried his face in his hands and groaned, this was much more complicated than he thought. All this while he assumed Hera never felt anything for him but just now he could've swore he hinted a tint of jealousy from her when she caught him and Minseo together.

He tried denying it a lot of times, but the way she called off their tutoring was also a little unusual. She sounded angry, this was a positive news to him now that he knew it was possible to become Hera's first boyfriend but the problem is now, no one ever knew what to do if Hera was angry.

「 ➳ 」

"Hera, hey! Wait!"

Upon hearing her name being called, Hera glanced in the direction of the voice only to face a tall guy she refused to see at the moment. Instantly, she didn't look back and walked faster than her usual pace into the gym.

Yukhei ruffled his hair in frustration, it had been the umpteenth time in three days that she had been trying to run away from him. He thought that maybe after practice he could see her but the girl was running away from him again. He knew he had to see her now as she would be accompanied by her brother at other times.

He pushed past some cheerleaders who were walking slowly and chitchatting with one another. Luckily, he had long legs and a great stamina so he was able to catch up with her. Yukhei held onto her arm which prevent her from escaping as he had a good grip.

The cheerleaders who walked past them were starting to whisper among one another and he was trying his best to ignore them. "Can we talk?" He asked and the expression Hera was giving him totally meant a 'no'.

"I'm kinda busy right now, maybe tomor—"

"Now."

The tone in his voice was different which sent a shiver down her spine. Hera had always seen Yukhei as the playful guy around her but he looked so deadly at the moment which scared her a little. She watched him left the gym and back to the field. Hera wanted to scream as she wished Jungwoo or Yuta was with her at the moment. She sighed and followed after him eventually.

As she pushed the door open, she saw that the field was already vacant. Everyone else had left including her two saviours. Hera hated this kind of situation as she was never good with expressing her feelings let alone to a boy. It was always difficult for her to open up and she had to admit she caused a great misunderstanding to others to about her.

Hera caught sight of Yukhei sitting at the bleachers, while staring blankly at the wide, empty field. She stood next to him for a while before deciding to take a seat next to him, but further enough.

"Look, if you think I don't want to tutor you anymore because of what I saw, you're wrong. I'm getting really busy and my grades for Chemistry dropped which was something unusual so I decided that I had to focus on my studies more apart from cheerleading and my social life." Hera stopped, she realised she was talking too fast but Yukhei seemed to understand so she continued.

"It's not that I don't care about you, I thought about it a lot and I saw some great improvements in you so I thought maybe you'd be fine on your own." She peeked at the boy who was still staring blankly up front. "It just happened to be I came to you at the wrong time." Her voice trailed off as she recalled the make out session of the two students.

"Hera, can't you see?"

His voice caught her off guard. Hera turned to look at him, he had his face buried in his hands before he looked up and met eyes with hers. Although there was a small distance between them but it felt as if he was very close to her.

"All these times, I wasn't hanging around you just for my academics. I wanted to be closer to you." He said, he sounded gentle and at some parts, heartbroken. The girl was dumbfounded, at first she was oblivious of the fact he wanted to grow closer to her but then she started to catch up with his intentions but she couldn't understand why he wanted to be close to her.

"Yes, I've had a lot of girlfriends before but I never felt anything for them. None of them tops whatever I'm feeling for you."

If he continued, Hera could've swore her heart would stop. Hera stared at him for a while and before she knew it, the distance between them was getting shorter by each second. It only took her a minute before she realised their faces were really close, their lips almost touching.

"I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I think I've fallen for you, Hera."

「 ➳ 」
🐾 im so pumped up for new heroes
it gives off a troye sivan kind of vibes!