〆fifteen

Ding!

Hera rolled over on her bed and reached for her phone. She wasn't asleep yet, in fact she was reading a book just to pass the time. Her eyes widened at the ID. Of course they had each other's numbers but they only talked once and that was it.

She opened the message and it read a confusing one. "Come outside." It was short, but Hera took her time to process it. Eventually she walked off her bed and towards the balcony in her room. Her room was facing the streets, so if anyone was standing there she could see it from her balcony.

At first, she couldn't see anyone on the streets, it was empty as it was already night. However, before she could even head back inside her room she noticed some movements under a tree in front of her front yard. Hera squinted her eyes to recognise the person and she could tell instantly it was Yukhei. As if on cue, her heart accelerated.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, half whispering as her parents' balcony was just next to hers. It was already past 11 in the evening and her father especially, would get angry if he found out she was sneaking out, moreover with a boy.

"I wanted to see you." Yukhei replied, but his voice was a little too loud that almost caused both of them to panic. "We have school tomorrow—" "There's something I need to tell you." Yukhei shut her up. Hera wanted to reply something but the lights to her parents room suddenly switched on and both of them instantly went into hiding.

She waited for a while and peeked to see if the lights were switched off again. Luckily, it was safe to assume that her parents went back to sleep. "I can't go out." Hera said as she watched Yukhei came out of his hiding. "Jump." He said and Hera labelled him as mad. She experienced a fall this tall and she was surely not going to voluntarily experience another one. The two continued to bicker in their whispering voices until Yukhei raised his voice a little.

"Trust me."

Hera shut her eyes for a while, trying to calm herself. "If I die, I blame you." She muttered while climbing the railings of her balcony. Hera sat at the edge of it, taking a deep breath as she ready herself to jump. She must not scream or else both of them were busted. She inhaled a deep breath, shut her eyes and threw herself off the balcony.

The adrenaline rushing in her system was driving her to scream but the catch wasn't as smooth as the first time. This time, the height of the fall increased a little so Yukhei must've lost his grip on her, sending both of them on the ground. Nonetheless, they were both uninjured.

Hera opened her eyes and this time she tried calming her breathing rate despite lying on top of the guy. He, for once took an advantage over this. "Babe, we can't possibly do it out here." He said. The girl scrunched her nose and slapped him hard on the chest as she pulled up from him. They would continue to bicker but the lights in her parents room switched on again and Yukhei instantly took her by the hand and started running.

They both stopped running when they reached a playground nearby her house. Hera went to take a seat at one of the swing sets. "What's so important that you can't wait for tomorrow?" She asked as soon as Yukhei took a seat next to her. The male removed his jacket when he noticed Hera was actually shivering a bit as she was wearing a thin shirt with shorts.

"Remind me to return your jacket." She reminded herself aloud. "You're gonna find this weird, because I do too." Yukhei spoke, but again, he wasn't looking at her. It felt as if they were back at the bleachers. "You're avoiding me, and it's getting pretty obvious." He chuckled. "Yukhei, I didn't mean to offend you." The girl pouted.

"You know, after the bleachers, I found out my name was nominated for Homecoming Queen and I just wanted to avoid anyone who played a huge role in that event. I don't like attention, it's tiresome. It wasn't wrong for you to confess, it just came out at the wrong time." Hera said, her voice was getting softer at each words.

Of course, she didn't knew that she would actually offend him. Hera couldn't even trust his confession for her. He was a player, that was a fact. Everyone had an assumption that he would never fall in love, Jungwoo made that clear to her. However, now, it seemed a bit more complicated than that.

Yukhei didn't reply for a while, instead he chuckled bitterly. "That explains a lot." He said and Hera could instantly interpret he had the wrong meaning. "No, no! Yukhei, for this whole time we've been hanging out, I never thought of you as a guy who's trying to play me. Not even once." Hera said, this time she was looking right at him. "I honestly enjoyed your company, very much. I defended you when everyone started telling me to be cautious around you. I don't even know why I did that when I clearly don't know you that well." She said, sounding frustrated as she got up from her seat.

"I don't even understand what I feel when I'm around you. A part of me just loved it when you started joking around, treating me nicely but a part of me realised none of it might never be real at all." She said, climbing up the short stairs and sat at the top edge of a slide, facing Yukhei who was still on the swing. Hera watched her feet dangled in mid air as she continued to talk.

"Whenever I think that I like you, I'd have to tell myself that I don't because every time I feel that way, there's always other girls surrounding you."

She had her head hung low, her eyes focused on her two feet instead of the male who was walking towards her. Yukhei didn't need to get on his toes for his eyes to meet hers. His towering height was enough for them to be at par.

He had his hands placed on the platform on each of her sides as he leaned closer to her face. Hera wasn't avoiding him, in fact her heart was racing and her stomach was crunching. Hera removed the jacket Yukhei gave her off her shoulders and wrapped it on him, in case she forgot to return another again.

She then wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned her forehead against his. Their distance was dangerously close that one movement would cause their lips to touch.

"You're a sweet guy, Xuxi but I can't prove the sincerity out of it."

「 ➳ 」
🐾nct dyed their hair black,,
BLACK ON BLACK IS COMING