〆seven

Yukhei sighed as the girl in front of him continued to laugh at him. He rolled his eyes since it had been minutes and she still hadn't stopped laughing.

"Are you done yet?"

He asked, annoyed was the perfect word to describe what he was feeling at the moment. The girl tried holding in her laughter as she was laughing way too much. "I'm sorry, it's just so funny to see the most popular boy being this pathetic." She stated and continued laughing.

Yukhei made an uninterested face as he looked down on her. "Well Miss Maya, when I get those $100 from you I'd like to see the face you'll put on." He said and rolled his eyes. "I think I'd enjoy the look on your face when you kiss that money goodbye." She snapped back.

"Come on, it's been two weeks and your progress it what, friends?" Maya stated and started laughing again. This, however really annoyed the male as he knew he bragged about being able to easily make Hera fall for him within just days. Turns out, he was deadly wrong. It was rather impossible for him to impress the girl.

"Whatever, you're her classmate. There must be something that would impress her." He said, almost pleading. Again, Maya chuckled a little as she said "I love seeing this pathetic side of you, I feel so powerful." She commented. "Truth is, I don't really know much about her." Maya said which only added more frustration to the male.

It had been a week since they called each other as friends but Yukhei found no other way to change that term into something more. He failed numerous times to impress her and it was driving him crazy. He had never found a tough girl like Hera before. Interestingly, this was what drove him to continue this bet ever more. He became even more curious what was she really was.

However, the thought of forcing himself to study just so he could pretend his enjoy her company, not that he didn't, was like hell. He wanted to vomit every single thing she taught him as he hated studying. Unfortunately, he had to keep up that image in order to impress her even a little.

"But! I do know she loves ice skating. She mentioned it once about her dad used to bring her and Jungwoo—"

"Bye!"

Yukhei grinned widely, finally something he would actually enjoy other than just books and pencils. Ice skating would be the cutest and the most cunning way to tackle her. He rushed to his classroom as he wanted this day to end faster so he could ask her out, or force her anyway to the ice rink.

It was perfect, the rumours of two of them being the new school fling was already going on although her brother didn't favour it at all. But bringing Hera to the ice rink would make it more sensational. It was a perfect chance for him to rebuild his fame later.

「 ➳ 」

"Alright, so we finished Maths a few days ago and we still have a few chapters on Korean Languag—"

"Let's skip today."

"What?" Hera looked at her mentee confusedly. The whole idea she even agreed to spend time with him because she was willing to help him to actually improve his grades so that he won't get kicked out of the team. "Yukhei, I told you. I'm only here to tutor you." Hera said and took a seat across him.

The male sighed, he knew that well. Every time he tried opening a conversation with her about something non related to their tutoring session she would kill it instantly. He was amazed how uninterested she was towards him. Certain times she made him feel like $100 was far away but some times he wouldn't give up.

He was the type to not give up easily. At this rate, even his friends were surprised by his determination. He would always be the one to not take things seriously but for this bet, for her, he was firm to win. Besides, he never took it seriously anyway. He just wanted to know more about her so maybe he could proceed being his own self once they date one another.

"Come on, it'll just be a short date." He said but instantly became silent when he realised he used the wrong noun. Hera was giving him a look, as if she just caught him red handed of his true intentions. "Or we could call it a hang out, since we're friends anyway." The term they were using against each other was enough to make him impatient. He needed to open her heart for him and he needed to do it fast.

The girl was quiet for a while, she then glanced at her phone, looking at the time before her eyes landed on him once again. "I guess we can." Hera had a distant look, almost sighing. Yukhei clapped his hands together once and instantly grabbed her by the wrist as soon as she slung her bag ok her shoulder.

She didn't even get to ask where he wanted to take her when he started dragging her to the subway station and they had to walk to a place or some sort. Hera stopped short on her tracks when she finally realised where they were. She didn't want to jump into conclusions but it sounded too good to be true that he took her to an ice rink out of all places.

True, he knew nothing about the fact that she loved ice skating but she was in denial to believe it was a coincidence. Wong Yukhei was very cunning and she had every reason to believe he planned this beforehand. However, she didn't want to be the party pooper and decided to enjoy herself here since she barely had time to come here.

Within minutes, the two of them were already in the rink. Hera eyed as some teens her age continued racing and fooling around with their friends. Unknowingly, she smiled with them. "I love skating." Hera said, trying to test the honesty out of him.

"I've been told." He said to her surprise. She hadn't expected him to be honest. "Really?" She asked as the two of them skated side to side, avoiding the children who were clumsily playing. "You said so in front of your whole classmates, so it kinda spread." He grinned sheepishly as she stole a glance at him.

"Ah, is that so?" She thought out loud. One of the reasons why she hated telling about herself was because others would take advantage of it. She wasn't saying she was popular but most jocks wanted to date her just to get back to her brother. Jungwoo disliked a lot of the members on his team, he would distant himself if he find any of them problematic. Plus, he was super protective if anyone were to mention about her.

He wasn't to blame either, the two of them were so close since birth, literally. "But hey, I'm taking you here since I can't find any other way to get to know you better. Guilty of this advantage, yes I am." Yukhei shrugged as he pulled her to his side when one kid was about to collide with her.

Hera fell silent ever since, she didn't know why but his honesty touched her. He had never expected him to pour out every single move he was making. He was being open with her about becoming closer, from the looks of it Hera could tell he was sincere to be friends with her. Maybe he wasn't that bad after all.

「 ➳ 」
🐾this is the start yo!
and tysm for 1K reads!! ILY💚💚