〆twenty one

"Have you guys seen Jungwoo? Or Yukhei in fact?"

Hera asked as she approached the three males seated in a circle at the bleachers. At the sound of her voice, Jaehyun almost jumped as he turned to face her. One thing Hera knew about them, they were a bad liar. She could obviously see them tensing up at her presence.

"Nope," Johnny was the first one to reply. He only did so after a long silence between the five of them. Others were avoiding eye contact with her. Looking at this, it was only logical for Hera to conclude that they were well aware of something. She hoped it wasn't true. She didn't want to believe it.

She opened her mouth to say something, to ask if they knew anything or if they had anything to do with this so called 'bet' against her. In actual fact Hera could already guess the answer but she refused to believe it. They were so nice to her, Yukhei said he was going to change. He wanted to be different—

"Guys!"

A voice interrupted her thoughts. Hera watched as Mark approached his friends, but he seemed unaware of her presence as his eyes were only focused on them. Surprised was written on his face, but it looked as if the surprise amused him instead of troubling him.

"You won't believe what happened," he started and Hera could see the rest of the group was starting to grow uncomfortable. She remained quiet so Mark wouldn't notice her. "Yukhei is in some deep trouble, the prez found out about the bet! He can kiss the money good—" before Mark could finish his sentence, Ten clasped a hand over his mouth.

Mark furrowed his eyebrows and only then his eyes met hers, realising what trouble actually meant. "So, it's true?" Hera asked and everyone else was looking at her. Guilty, they should be. "All of you knew? I was just some cheap bet, great." She laughed, her eyes crystallised, the tears were going to fall soon. She couldn't find the words to lash her anger out, she never felt so betrayed.

"Hera—"

Ten called her but the girl was already storming away from them. Yuta stared at his friends for a while, he couldn't feel more disappointed in them. He too, had nothing to say as he was in fact angry at what they did. Without a word, he left them and ran after Hera. The girl needed every comfort she could get.

"Great, you just had to blew it off!" Johnny sighed, hitting Mark on the head. "Ouch! That wasn't the tea, dumbass." Mark rubbed the back of his head. "That is the tea Mark, now you're adding more cups." Jaehyun rolled his eyes, he couldn't believe how Mark didn't see Hera at all.

"Of course you guys heard about Jungwoo and Maya already, I'm not that stupid—" "Yep, you're more of a moron." Jaehyun commented but motioned for Mark to go on. "The prez and Yukhei are fighting out of school, and Yukhei isn't fighting back. He's letting the prez beat him— Wait! Don't leave me!" As soon as Mark finished his words everyone else rushed towards the exit leaving him dumbfounded for a few seconds before running after them.

「 ➳ 」

By the time the news of Jungwoo and Yukhei fighting reached to Hera, it was already over. Doyoung broke the fight and took Jungwoo home where else Yukhei, no one seem to know where he headed. Of course some students, who were about to head home after witnessing a fight would not miss the chance to stare at Hera.

The girl texted a simple thank you to Koeun for informing her. Luckily, the fight wasn't in school so they can hide the news well enough to prevent Jungwoo from getting expelled or removed as president. Hera dragged her feet from the alley towards God knows where.

She was frustrated, angry with herself and everyone else. So she ran, as fast as she could as if it could make her forget until she reached the nearby Han River which was just nearby. The park wasn't full of people but there were some, recreating, enjoying their leisure time. At this moment, when she spot a couple walking together her stomach would churn, she felt sick.

Hera wanted to scream but she wasn't the type to attract attention so she decided to throw her phone, only to have a hand stopping her from doing so. Angrily, she pulled away from the person's touch. Hera glanced briefly at him and realised it was Yuta. He followed her quietly throughout the whole day, might as well he knew from the start. That explained why he was so calm.

"Don't touch me." She growled. Yuta retreated his hand from her, staring sadly at his friend. "Why aren't you asking me anything? I bet you knew this all along, huh?" Hera started spatting nonsense. This was what usually happened whenever she was angry, the words came out too fast without she could even think.

"Maybe you even agreed to be their spy or something, is this what boys do when they're bored?! Treat girls as if they're some kind of toy— Gosh, I must be that entertaining to foolishly trust him— Trust any of you!"

Before Hera could continue to yell at him, Yuta pulled her in for a hug. "I knew nothing about this alright, trust me." He said placing a hand on top of her head, patting it so she'd calm down. The tears which she had been fighting back finally rolled down at the warmth Yuta was giving her. She felt relieved she had someone to rely on. Someone who wouldn't judge her for how she was behaving.

"Let go— Go away!" Still, anger was blinding her. Hera tried pushing him away but the guy had a tight embrace on her. "I can't do that." He whispered softly, trying to comfort as best as his can. He knew Hera long enough to understand she wasn't in her best state to express her thoughts correctly.

"Why me?" The girl cried harder at the thought of it. She never bothered anyone, nor did she ever tried to please everyone. She led a normal life until now. All this time she tried her best to avoid dramas but ended up being the hottest topic of all. "I should've listened to you, and Jungwoo and Doyoung. I shouldn't have trusted him." Her words getting softer after one and another.

Yuta kept quiet the whole time, he wasn't going to lie to himself. He was angry at what Yukhei did to her. "Maybe there's an explanation to all of this, you should try to listen to his side of the story." He said but obviously Hera wasn't going to do that. She was blinded with hatred at the moment and approaching Yukhei would just mean she'd kill him as well.

The male sighed, he knew the right thing to do was to also listen to Yukhei but at this moment, everyone was furious. And it might seem biased, but Yuta would always defend Hera in any matter. Their friendship had always been that way and it was very difficult to change. He hoped that Yukhei had a good reason of doing so, call him delusional or what but Yuta could see that Yukhei truly loved Hera. Everyone could see it except the twins.

「 ➳ 」
🐾ITS MY BBY's BIRTHDAY!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE💚

「 ➳ 」🐾ITS MY BBY's BIRTHDAY!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE💚