〆twenty

"I thought you promised to go to Homecoming with me?"

Yukhei had his eyebrows furrowed, his lips pouted. He was making a sad face as if Hera dumped him. The girl couldn't help but to chuckle at his childishness. "Sorry, but I promised Yuta first." She gave him a light pat on the cheek. "Fine, but I have dibs on you for prom." He said, grabbing the hand which patted his cheek and secured it on his face instead.

"That's not how I imagined being promposed." Hera replied pushing him away from her touch. "I'll never get used to this, it's so disgusting." Jaehyun spoke but it sounded like a question instead as he looked at the couple in front of him.

"Give him a break, besides he's surely winning the money." Johnny whispered to the guy, enough for Hera to not hear them. "I deserve some because this is too much for me to handle." Jaehyun commented. None of them could tell if Yukhei was being sincere or not. One moment he seemed to be in love with Hera, the other moment the rest of his friends were reminded of the bet he made.

「 ➳ 」

Hera had an exhausting week, not to mention the fact that Homecoming was just in a week and she was getting busier with the studies as well. Graduation was coming and she wanted everything to be the way she planned before.

Of course dating Yukhei wasn't the plan, but as long as it wasn't bothering her big idea she was fine with it. Besides, there wasn't much trouble coming in her way than she first expected to. Indeed, Hera had to admit that Yukhei was a different person, far too different from what she imagined. The sad part was that she wished Jungwoo would lighten up a bit.

Though he was her twin, she couldn't read his mind when it comes to situations like this. Jungwoo obviously had some things bothering him but he wouldn't say. Asking him would just be pointless, if he wanted them to know he would've.

"Why won't he talk?" Hera whispered to Yuta as the three of them were about to leave the class as the day ended. "I don't know, he seem stressed out." Yuta replied, glancing at the male as they waited for him. "Is it because of me?" Hera asked, what she meant wasn't exactly just her but Yukhei involved.

Yuta shrugged his shoulders instead. He too was in fact curious of what Jungwoo had in mind but he wasn't the type to push someone to spill it. Yuta was patient. "You guys can go first, I have to drop by the office for a while." Jungwoo said out of the blue. It was quite suspicious as he was just packing his things a few minutes ago. However, the two didn't ask much and just left.

They came to a conclusion that he probably needed some air and they had to respect that. Hera had an unsettled feeling inside but she wouldn't say it. She glanced at her brother again before trailing after Yuta outside the classroom.

Jungwoo however, made sure his sister was out of sight before he approached Maya at her lockers. He was going to make this quick and memorable for her though some students were still there, he was positive they weren't going to cause a commotion.

"Hey, Maya." He greeted, the girl tore her gaze from her locker and towards the male. Confusion flickered in her eyes for a while but she hid it away. "Oh, hi Jungwoo." Maya replied, shutting her locker close and was ready to leave anytime. "I wanted to say sorry for yesterday." Jungwoo spoke, in a kind manner, softer than yesterday but the girl could hint the danger in his voice.

"It's fine, we all know you're protective of Hera. Twin instincts I suppose." Maya laughed it out though deep inside she was still scared of him. "Hah, you could say that." Jungwoo chuckled as well. Maya knew it was her cue to leave but something about the student president seemed to hold her back.