〆twenty five

Homecoming was nearing, everyone in the whole school was ready for it. Students were busy picking out partners, asking one another to be their date. Of course, for seniors they'd look up to prom instead but still everything was about competition so they can't lose so easily.

No one could tell what possessed Yukhei on this very day but he was smiling so widely. At first glance, most thought he and Hera had gotten back together but after seeing Hera's constant scowl every time Yukhei stepped in her perimeter, they were back in confusion.

The student council tried to cover things up by firing up the students with the highlight of the week, Homecoming and Homecoming Royals. However, still many paid attention to the twisted drama that was happening.

"Thank God, it's Friday." Yuta sighed relievedly as he placed his head on top of his desk. "Yeah, but we have the dance in two days." Jungwoo grinned sarcastically at him from in front. "I don't feel like going." Yuta replied and Hera instantly turned to face him from her desk.

"I-I mean, yay homecoming!" He nervously smiled at the girl. "If you don't want to come that's fine, I won't go either. Homecoming was never my intention anyway." She shrugged it off cooly and resumed to her notes.

"Don't be ridiculous, you skipped Homecoming twice already. I'm not gonna let you miss this final one." Yuta tried to console her and Jungwoo had to refrain himself from laughing. Among their friends, everyone noticed how snappy Hera had become. Though he secretly hoped Hera would become her usual self again, he knew better it takes time.

Yuta threw an eraser at Jungwoo, a sign to help him out. "Besides, it's our last year together. Might as well we end it properly." Jungwoo added and this time they could hear a scoff from Hera. "Whatever you say boys." She chuckled without looking at them.

「 ➳ 」

"Yuta's asking if you wanna go out tonight? To celebrate the victory." Jungwoo called out his sister as they exited their rooms at the same time. "I can't believe he forgot that we have a family dinner tonight, again." Hera chuckled and Jungwoo instantly typed the rejection for his offer. As they both descended down the stairs, they could see their father seated at the dining table and their mother serving the last plate on the table.

Her belly wasn't obvious yet, but it will be soon enough. The twins had mixed feelings about it as they never knew any siblings other than both of them. However, they can't lie that they were excited. How cute would it be to welcome a new family member?

Jungwoo instantly went to help their mother and Hera walked over to take her seat when out of a sudden the doorbell rang. Everyone paused in thei movements and the twins broke into an instant grin.

"Honey, I thought I said no pizzas!" Their mother whined and the twins replied simultaneously. "Thanks Papa!" "I'll get the door." Hera stood up from where she was seated and walked away from the unclear conversation of her parents. It had been quite a while since they ate pizzas together and for once, she was in a good mood.

Hera grabbed the doorknob and twisted it open only to have her good mood, crash into pieces as it drowned to the deepest part of a dark sea.

Those brown eyes, dark hair neatly slicked upwards. Casual outfit, a way that made him stand out with his tall figure. Also, the smile. The mischievous smile he always had around her. A grin that was contagious. She loved it but looking at it now, she wanted to wipe it off his face.

He stood there, his eyes boring into her. His smile never left her with a bouquet of flower in his hand and a few familiar bags in the other. She almost scoffed at the sight but she had no time to deal with a liar like him.