Chapter 13

^^picture has nothing to do with the story, I just wanted to share. Although it did make me think "ghostbird" when I saw it.

This bird hit my grandparent's kitchen window hard enough to leave the imprint nearly perfectly. The bird was fine, maybe just a little dazed, I promise.

Anyways, update time!! Not a cliffhanger. Happy reading :)

*Owen*

I'd been worried out of my mind, standing there in the police station, waiting impatiently for my love to exit the double doors in front of me. Never before in my life have I succumbed so quickly and so easily to panic as I did when the call came in hours ago. Then to have Uncle explain to me that the woman I love had been on a dangerous mission involving a Japanese gang, one known for arms and drug dealing, it was nearly enough to break a weaker man.

When she finally emerged, looking ruffled but unharmed I felt like I was finally able to breathe again, then I was angry. Not with her, never angry with her, but our team should have figured out before now that she was Academy, maybe one of us could have accompanied her on this mission. Having seen evidence of a severely independent and stubborn streak in her, I know we'd have to join her rather than attempt to put her in an impenetrable bubble safe from the world.

By the look in her eyes, I can tell she wasn't expecting for me to be the one to pick her up, but her expression assured me it was a welcome surprise. I'm still not entirely sure what came over me when she came closer. One moment I was sharing my worries with her, allowing for her to see every horrible emotion I'd felt these past few hours, and the next my lips met hers and I was blissfully lost.

Kissing Sang was better than anything I could have imagined, and even though the setting was not ideal, she was. I devoured her like a man starving and she surprised me by meeting me every step of the way, her slender arms coming up to tangle in my hair, eliciting a groan from me as I pull her even closer. Whatever semblance of control I'd been grasping at disappears and the kiss grows in intensity as I nip and suck at her fuller bottom lip, rewarded by her own soft sounds that awaken other parts of my body.

Just as I begin to stop caring that we're in a public place, a nasally voice shouts for us to get a room and we break apart, only separating enough to rest our foreheads together. Breathing hard, I feel a wide smile overtake my face when I see her bring her hand to her mouth, as if savoring the memory of what just happened. My Love begins to giggle then, and I feel myself laugh softly with her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get that carried away," I admit, and her eyes drift to my own, sparkling and more full of life than I've ever seen them.

"What was that for?" She whispers shyly.

"That, My Love, was for you taking ten years off my life today, but also because I've needed to do that for a while now." Her eyes soften when I mention being afraid, and she lifts her head slightly to lightly brush our lips together.

"I'm sorry for frightening you, Handsome, but if that's what happens as a result I can't say I won't do it again." Her cheeky comment forces a shocked laugh from me. Handsome? Well that's a name I can live with. I was so sure if we made any move towards her romantically that she would retreat back into her shell. I really need to stop underestimating her, we all do.

Brushing my thumb over her bottom lip, I barely restrain myself from biting it. "Love, all you have to do is ask. Now, as much as I would like to kiss you all night long, there are 13 other men at home waiting very anxiously for you to return." Anxious is putting it lightly, I believe the Russian had to be sedated to keep him home while I went to the station.